Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I.... (showgroups related)

Ok I have a members who is a moderator.

I do not want him to show at the Showgroup as Moderator.

I also have another group called Associates. Associates *are* shown at the showgroups.

I want to have that guy both at these 2 groups but being shown only as Associate at the Showgroups page (forum leaders).

Is there any way I can do this, without using access masks ?

thanx in advance.

Do you need the other moderators to be shown on showgroups? If not, you can edit the Moderators usergroup and choose "no" for "Visible on showgroups?"

If you need the other mods to show up, make a copy of the Moderator usergroup, put the user in it, and use the above showgroups settings ("no").

Comment

Originally posted by bjorkfan19
      Do you need the other moderators to be shown on showgroups? If not, you can edit the Moderators usergroup and choose "no" for "Visible on showgroups?"
      Yes I need the other mods to be shown normally at the Moderators showgroup.

If you need the other mods to show up, make a copy of the Moderator usergroup, put the user in it, and use the above showgroups settings ("no" ).
      Thanx for the reply but I'm kinda confused on how this would be implemented and how it would work !
      Could you elaborate a little bit more?

stark

Comment

Oops, nevermind. Anyone who is a moderator for a forum is automatically listed under "Moderators" if they're visible on Showgroups, regardless of usergroup. You might ask at www.vbulletin.org if they could help you with something like this.

Comment

Ok Here a simple one

I'm now seriously considering enabling access masks.

I intend to do this only for 2-3 users to have access at the mods forum without being moderators.

Enabling access masks - will it add too many queries and cause problems to my database?

p.s. My ISP recently reduced the max DB connections to ...20 (!)

thanx in advance

Comment

20?
            That sux.
            Get a new host.

Comment

Originally posted by vBR
              20? ![img]images/smilies/eek.gif[/img]
              That sux.
              Get a new host.
              Yes.
              Some months ago Eva (VB team) was suggesting them to have more than 550 max connections.... and they did (they say before that, it was unlimited... ). The server was stable and cool.

One month ago, they reduced it to 20 without warning anyone.
              Today they told me they did it cause "some" sites caused problems to other ones... (I'm in a shared server).

Comment

Originally posted by stark427
                Yes.
                Some months ago Eva (VB team) was suggesting them to have more than 550 max connections.... and they did (they say before that, it was unlimited... ). The server was stable and cool.

One month ago, they reduced it to 20 without warning anyone.
                Today they told me they did it cause "some" sites caused problems to other ones... (I'm in a shared server).

[img]images/smilies/frown.gif[/img]
                Anyone who could give me his/her input on this topic...

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...&postid=433593

would be much appreciated

Comment

I can't help you very much on the max DB Connections issue stark (by the way... your host does sound "rotten" as Steve said in the other thread ), but I can say that the acccess masks are not that bad after all...

I have been using them to allow access to a mods lounge in my fourm running 500 users with no problems and significant server loads

Comment

Working...
                  X