Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I allow unregistered users to vote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I allow unregistered users to vote?

I set the permissions so that all can vote. But when I go to my forum in another browser as an unregistered and view the poll, it says on the poll results that "you do not have permission to vote." What else do I have to do? I'm running 2.3.0.

Oh, and how come when I try to download an image that someone posted as an attachment, I end up saving a php file? I tryed right clicking the image and then view image, then I right click and save as.

And how can I copy and paste an image from one post to another? I end up with a url as a reference to the image instead of displaying it in my new post.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Last edited by robfs; Thu 20 Mar '03, 6:08pm.

Admin CP --> User Groups --> Modify --> Unregistered / Not Logged In [edit] --> Poll Permissions

Can vote on polls = YES

Comment

Originally posted by vBR
      Admin CP --> User Groups --> Modify --> Unregistered / Not Logged In [edit] --> Poll Permissions

Can vote on polls = YES

It has been set to yes, and I even double checked to make sure a few times. It is and has been set to yes for a couple weeks.

Any other things I should check?

thanks,
      Rob

Comment

If a guest has already voted on a poll then another one can't bote on the same poll. This is because all guests have the same userid.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I thought members votes used the userid and guest votes used cookies

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            If a guest has already voted on a poll then another one can't bote on the same poll. This is because all guests have the same userid.

Oh, ok...so then only one unregistered person can vote then the rest will have to register before they can vote? right?

thanks,
            rob

Comment

Hmmm...you may be right. I'm not really sure.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                Hmmm...you may be right. I'm not really sure.

But it doesn't say "you have already voted", it says "you don't have permission to vote on this poll". When I view the poll logged in, I tells me I already voted. Does this mean anything or give you any ideas on what I might be able to do?

thanks,
                rob

Comment

Sorry but I can't duplicate this problem on my unhacked 2.3.0 test forum. I was able to vote just fine as a Guest. I suggest you doublecheck your permissions, and if you have any hacks then uninstall them.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Do you run a test forum with each version of vb from 2.0.0 ?
                    Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

No, just the latest version - for support issues just like this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I don't think it really works only for one guest -at least its not supposed to, right?.
                        I have tried allowing guests to be able to vote at a massive poll, and I saw at least 20 guests voting when I went to "who voted" at the admin panel.
                        So it's got to be cookie-based for guests.

I was using 2.2.8 at the time I was running that poll - and leaving guests to be able to participate.
                        Don't know if with 2.2.9 onwards anything has changed.

stark

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X