Changing the announcements format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the announcements format

How do I change the word from "announcements" to something else? Like, "important"...

Anybody

Do a Template search for the word 'Announcements' and change the appropriate template(s).
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Do a Template search for the word 'Announcements' and change the appropriate template(s).
      In what templates should I do this change? What I would like is on a forum, when I create an announcement, instead of it saying "Announcement: blah blah blah " I would like it to read "Important : blah blah blah".

Any more insight? Please?

Comment

Do a template seach for the word 'Attachments'. This will bring up a list iof templates with this word in it. Edit any of them you want to change.

Admin CP -> Templates -> Search

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Do a template seach for the word 'Attachments'. This will bring up a list iof templates with this word in it. Edit any of them you want to change.

Admin CP -> Templates -> Search
          I did that, however, tons of templates come back as tagged and I'm just a little worried that I will delete something and replace it, eventually screwing up configurations.

Comment

I notice that this forum has "important" listed instead of announcements. I would also like the duration to disappear as well.

Help?

Comment

What do you mean 'duration to disappear'?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

What do you mean 'duration to disappear'?
                I think that means he wants an announcement to run forever and not vanish at the end date.

For this I would use locked sticky threads, but the drawback is that you can't do this for all forums at once.

Comment

If that's the case, then he could just use a date far in the future.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by vBR
                    I think that means he wants an announcement to run forever and not vanish at the end date.

For this I would use locked sticky threads, but the drawback is that you can't do this for all forums at once.
                    Exactly, I believe that this is what I want, "locked sticky threads". How do I accomplish that? I'm sorry all, I've looked everywhere and trying so hard...

Comment

Originally posted by bringurgame
                      Exactly, I believe that this is what I want, "locked sticky threads". How do I accomplish that? I'm sorry all, I've looked everywhere and trying so hard...
                      Start a thread as normal.
                      Using the admin options drop down:
                      *close it so others cannot reply.
                      *stick it so it stays at the top of the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by vBR
                        Start a thread as normal.
                        Using the admin options drop down:
                        *close it so others cannot reply.
                        *stick it so it stays at the top of the forum.
                        Yipee!! Thank you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X