Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardcoded things in English that you cannot modify in a language template

Hello.

My board administrator told me that there was things impossible to translate without a hack. Here is what seems to be impossible to include in a template :
    • On each page : "You may not post attachments". The word "not" isn't translatable with templates.

• months of the year (for the calendar and user profils)

• many hierarchies :
      - Forums > Search > Post Results
      - Forums > Search > Thread Results
      - Forums > Panneau de contrôle de Lumina > Editer la liste Buddy
      - Forums > Panneau de contrôle de Lumina > Editer la liste Ignore
      - Forums > Calendar > March 2003
      - Forums > Private Messages > Edit Folders

• online.php :
      - Viewing Who's Online
      - Viewing Thread
      - Viewing Forum
      - Viewing User Control Panel
      - Main Index
      - Searching Forums
      - Replying to Thread
      - Quoting Post in Thread
      - Creating New Thread
      - Editing Forum Profil
      - Reading a Private Message
      - Sending a Private Message
      - Using Private Messaging System

• member2.php?action=removesubscription : "Votre souscription à ce thread a été supprimée."
      member2.php?action=removesubscription&type=allthread : "Toutes vos souscriptions à threads ont été supprimées."
      showthread.php : "Pas thread spécifié"

• newreply.php : the descriptions of javascript buttons

That is all I have seen so far.
    Could you please make it available for templates in all futur releases (2.3.1 and 3.0.0) ?

Thanks !
    Lumina, aventurière des mondes fantastiques et petite rédactrice au grand cœur
    Cœur Lumière - vBulletin-fr
    Join the vBulletin French community social group!

This will not happen in v2.x.x. It is however, already a feature in v3.x.x

Comment

Originally posted by DWZ
      This will not happen in v2.x.x. It is however, already a feature in v3.x.x
      Yeah, they already have a totally new language translation system for version 3.x.x

Comment

Lumina,

While it's true that, strictly speaking, changing those would be "hacking", the changes are so subtle and so minor - you're just changing words between sigle or double quotes, you're not changing any logic in the code that you shouldn't be afraid to do it.

I've completely translated my board, including the words in the .php files. PM me if you'd like more details.

Au revoir,
        Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis B
          Lumina,

While it's true that, strictly speaking, changing those would be "hacking", the changes are so subtle and so minor - you're just changing words between sigle or double quotes, you're not changing any logic in the code that you shouldn't be afraid to do it.

I've completely translated my board, including the words in the .php files. PM me if you'd like more details. [img]images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Au revoir,
          No, you don't understand.
          I know how to modify this outside the template. But if I do it this way, I have to do it with each new version of vBulletin !

I think our boards started at vBulletin 2.2.2, so that means we had 7 changes of version until now. We also have a complete list of 80 suggested little hacks. So if we want to add all those changes to the boards, that means 7 * 80 = 560 times a modification of our boards !

That is why I ask for things being added to the regular version of the vBulletin.
          Lumina, aventurière des mondes fantastiques et petite rédactrice au grand cœur
          Cœur Lumière - vBulletin-fr
          Join the vBulletin French community social group!

Comment

Working...
          X