Forums database problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums database problem

My site recently got slashdotted and it caused my forums database to crash, now I'm having a problem with my forums database. I have been reading messages of similar problems experienced by other vB owners, when trying to access any of my forums pages I would get this message:
    There seems to have been a slight problem with the TechSpot OpenBoards database. etc, etc...
    And looking at the source of the page I get the following:
    Invalid SQL: SELECT user.*,userfield.* FROM user LEFT JOIN userfield ON userfield.userid=user.userid WHERE user.userid='1'
    mysql error: Can't open file: 'userfield.MYD'. (errno: 145)
    mysql error number: 1016
    It's the same 'userfield.MYD' error some other owners have experienced before.
    Now, I have read that the repair.php script doesn't work with user tables so I'm left with SSH or phpmyadmin repairing, but for some reason phpMyAdmin isn't well setup on my server, but I still have SSH access to go through the problem.

Now I read somewhere that I could run the following line to repair my user table: mysqlcheck -r -u mysqlusername -p databasename

However, you specify that my forums must be closed, now, how am I suppose to close them down if I don't have any access to the admin area either (same userfield error). Would it be safe try to repair them without closing them since no one has access?

I wanted to confirm this with you before trying to repair via SSH.

Thanks a lot !

Julio Franco
    http://www.techspot.com
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/
    Julio Franco
    TechSpot.com

Backup your database, then run this query in phpMyAdmin:

REPAIR TABLE userfield;
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

When trying to dump my database (backup), I get the following error:

mysqldump: Got error: 1016: Can't open file: 'userfield.MYD'. (errno: 145) when using LOCK TABLES

Should I force it to dump or... ?
      Julio Franco
      TechSpot.com

Comment

Just go ahead and run that query to fix the userfield table.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I finally fixed phpMyAdmin installation and ran the command, all working now, thanks a lot!
          Julio Franco
          TechSpot.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X