Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone knows what this database error means ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone knows what this database error means ?

Today when I got home from work I had alot of "error" emails in my mailbox. And the one below was the one starting it. The "database" for "thread" was totally corrupt and I had to install a backup I had from a few days ago to get it up working. Anyone knows what it means ? and what that can have caused this to happen.

Database error in vBulletin 2.3.0:

Invalid SQL: UPDATE thread SET lastpost='1047892706',replycount=replycount+1,lastposter='~Funky~',lastposterid='17' WHERE threadid='25'
    mysql error: Got error 127 from table handler

mysql error number: 1030

Your table was marked as crashed and it should be repaired.

Upload repair.php (it can be found in the 'extras' folder of the vBulletin zip file) to your admin directory. Close your forums, then run it from your browser with this syntax:

http://www.your.site/forum/admin/repair.php?html=1&check=1

(Of course change the above address to the appropriate URL for your forums.

If everything reports 'Ok' then reopen your forums. If not, then run it again. The second time everything should report Ok.

Comment

Im wondering what is it that makes this error happen ?

The solution above always manages to fix almost everything, but Im expecting this error at least once a week. Which I think is really much.

Can anyone help me locate the most possible error for this happening.

Thanks

Comment

It could be a various of problems... MySQL just restarted while your database was being written to, and etc.

It's best to ask your host what's going on...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X