Not getting confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Argh, I'm going to e-mail them back tomorrow and tell them that it's not a programming issue at my end that it's THEM who has to configure the mail server to work with php. Anything I should add?

Comment

Just what I posted earlier. That mailtest.php simply tests PHP's mail function and if it doesn't work, then this means PHP and/or the mail server is not properly configured.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I don't control either of those things, correct?

Comment

That's correct. It's your host's job to properly configure the server and it's applications. Good luck!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'm going to e-mail them and yell at them until they fix it.

Comment

Alright, it seems MY e-mail address doesn't get it, but they did a mail test and they got it, and so did my other e-mail address. Anyone give me an email they have I could send to from the mailtest.php to see if it's working correctly?

Comment

If some emails are working, then you will need to view the mail logs on the server to see what happened to those emails that weren't received. Once vB sends it to PHP it's in the hands of the server. Since you are on a shared server you will need to ask your host to look through the logs for you.

For what it's worth I get a lot of bounced emails from people who's mail boxes are full, 'unavailable' or over quota. This is a particular problem with hotmail and yahoo accounts. Unless you are on a dedicated server and can set where these bounce messages go, you will never see them. The mail logs will have a record of these though.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The e-mail it didn't send to was hotmail...

Comment

Argh! I get the email test at my [email protected]www.teenadvicecenter.com email, and my host gets it, but NO ONE ELSE gets the email! What the heck!? Could it be a CHMOD problem?!?!?

Comment

As I said you will need to view the mail logs to see what is happening. There's no other way of knowing.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hello.

I sent a test message to my hotmail address and it went through okay. You
                          can see that email below.* I have no idea why some emails are not going
                          through. If there were a problem on the server side, no emails would be
                          going through.

Shelley Holt,customer support

That's what my host said.

Comment

Once again, they need to look at the mail server logs to know what is happening to these emails.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X