Not getting confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not getting confirmation

My registering users are not getting the confirmation emails and I had to disable this because manually confirming the accounts is annoying.

Why don't they get the emails?

Are any of your email features working?

Comment

Not sure... How do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew111888
        Not sure... How do I know?
        check to see if your smtp server is up. If you are server admin just log into your server and check.

Comment

Upload mailtest.php to your forums directory (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) and run it from your browser. Using your email address as a test, what happens? Any errors? Do you get the email?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I don't get the e-mail. How do I set it up? My host has webmail.

Comment

Then it sounds like your host does not have PHP properly configured to use the mail server. (This is what mailtest.php actually tests.) You'll need to contact them and ask them to fix this.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Argh... thanks

Comment

I emailed my host about this and got the following reply:

Hello.

Actually, we have no one here that is able to help with programming
                  issues. If they are telling you that the script is configured incorrectly
                  to use the mail server, you need to look back through your configuration
                  and try to find where the error is. We won't be able to help with that.

Shelley Holt,customer support

What am I supposed to do now?

Comment

I emailed my host about this and got the following reply:

Hello.

Actually, we have no one here that is able to help with programming
                    issues. If they are telling you that the script is configured incorrectly
                    to use the mail server, you need to look back through your configuration
                    and try to find where the error is. We won't be able to help with that.

Shelley Holt,customer support

What am I supposed to do now?
                    I would find a new host if I was you. they don't sound like a very compotent host.

Comment

That's definitely one bad host. Sorry but I think any host not competent enough to configure PHP to work with a mail server is not worth doing business with. All mailtest.php does is test PHP's configuration. If the mail was not sent, then this means PHP is not configured properly.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

They seem to be blaming it on vBulletin.

Comment

They seem to be blaming it on vBulletin.
                          Boycott the host.
                          Viva la vB.

Comment

Mailtest.php is not a vB application. All it does is test PHP's mail() function - and your host failed.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Does it have anything to do with the webmaster address and contact link in the admin cp?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X