Would this be a license violation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this be a license violation?

I currently have an owned vb license, with my forums at www.pcbaseball.net but I'm searching, possibly, for a new hosting solution. I own shared server space with another host, but would like to test vbulletin/mysql at this new host.

What I'd like to do is install my copy of vbulletin on that server, but I won't be making it publicly available. It will simply be a sort of test area for me to use to see if it would be feasible to move my forums to this host. Is this a violation of my license agreement? If so, are there any suggestions for me that will allow me to do this sort of testing?

as long as the forum is not publically available it is fine and if you protect the directory with a .htaccess file even better.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

great, thanks very much.

Comment

I would also like to do this my main forum is at www.crowfield99.34sp.com/forum and would like to put a test forum at www.davidsgames.34sp.com/forum and can password protect it too. I would just like to create a test forum so I can design a style without messing up my main forum.

Is this the same and allowed?
        David :)

Comment

Technically you should put this is a directory named 'testvb' not 'forum'.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you, I will do that!
            David :)

Comment

Working...
            X