vbulletin.style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vbulletin.style

I've made a couple adjustments to my style file and would like to see them reflected in the forum. How do I refresh/reload the vbulletin.style file?

Bad

Originally posted by Badministrator
    I've made a couple adjustments to my style file and would like to see them reflected in the forum. How do I refresh/reload the vbulletin.style file?
    Don't do anything to vbulletin.style. Just use the Style Upload function to upload your new style.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Right. I've only made two wee changes (such as adding size=0 tags to the quote's 'Originally posted by' bit) and I'm unsure what will happen if I load my vbulletin.style to each of my styles..

Will it reset settings I have defied in the control pannel (colors & stuff) or is it just stuff not handled by the control pannel?

Bad

Comment

Why did you modify vbulletin.style instead of just creating a new style and making the changes directly?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have four styles set up and all, but wanted two small changes. The only place I found to change them was in the style file. The first involves the fact that I have no name set for my forum (on purpose) making it where new members see 'Welcome to .' on the main page. I do not wish to have a name defined in the control pannel as then that name displays in places I did not wish it to, so I changed the 'Welcome to..' line I found in vbulletin.style.

The other change is as discribed:

Code:
          was: [ QUOTE][ i]Originally Posted By $originalposter[/i]

want: [ QUOTE][ size=0][ i]Originally posted by $originalposter[/i][/size]
          Is there somewhere else I might make such changes which I'm not seeing?

Where might I be 'making the changes directly'?

Bad
          Last edited by Badministrator; Fri 14th Mar '03, 3:36pm.

Comment

In the postbit quote templates

you know,
            vbulletin is template driven!

yoursite.com/forumdir/admin/ r0xx0r

Comment

In the postbit quote templates
              Close. I found it. quotereply template. Your suggestion helped me loads. As you may have noticed, I've only been doing this two days.

Thanks

Bad

Comment

Hmm..any clue which template would have the 'Welcome to' bit?

I looked in home-welcomeguest but that sure ain't it. Nothing else looks obvious..

Bad

Comment

Op! Nevermind! Found it: forumhome_unregmessage

One last question, if you will. I have my time set to GMT, but it's displaying as GMT+3..

Any idea where this may be going wrong?

:S:

Comment

Here's a useful hint: Use the Template search function when you want to find a particular template.

Also you need to set the timezone in the Admin CP to match the timezone of the server your forums are running on. Then each user needs to set their local timezones in the User CP. Guests will always see GMT time.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                    X