Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHPBB2 -> vB Import

Hey guys,

I've tried reading through other threads and there really wasn't that much information. I've got the official installer, no problem. I tried running it straight (couldn't really see any config options in the file...), and after I click to step 2 (associate users) I get:

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.3.0:
    Invalid SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) AS count FROM asdf.confab_users
    mysql error: select command denied to user: xxxxxxx for table 'confab_users'
    mysql error number: 1142
    Date: Friday 14th of March 2003 02:35:40 PM
    Script: xxxxxx/importers/bbimport_phpbb2.php
    Referer: xxxxxxx/importers/bbimport_phpbb2.php
    Where do I go from here? :lost:

J
    http://www.notsure.net

You need to have your host give that user full table permissions to the vBulletin user for both databases.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Is there no way of specifying a different user and password for the import db? Unfortunately the set-up will not allow seperate db's to have the same username..

Comment

Originally posted by Chamber
        Is there no way of specifying a different user and password for the import db?
        Yes, that is possible. If your site has a control panel like CPanel, then you can create and assign new MySQL users through that front end. Otherwise it would be easiest to ask your host to create and assign new user and database for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Chamber
          Unfortunately the set-up will not allow seperate db's to have the same username..
          That would be a limitation of whatever Control Panel you are using. MySQL has no such limitations and logging in as the Root User allows you to make any changes you want to the users in the system. Just doesn't give a pretty front-end on it.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            That would be a limitation of whatever Control Panel you are using. MySQL has no such limitations and logging in as the Root User allows you to make any changes you want to the users in the system. Just doesn't give a pretty front-end on it.
            Yep, realise that, if I had root access I'd happily pop in and let the MySql user have dba rights to both databases.

However, the control panel I'm using (hsphere) will not allow the users on one account have rights to databases on another (even though they are technically in the same mysql set-up).

You're absolutely right, it is a limitation of the control panel, but not one I can do anything about .

Have emailed the peeps hosting the reseller account to ask them to manually set permissions, was just hoping there may be a workaround to avoid having to wait for that to be actioned.

I'm assuming that adding the scripting required to allow different database user login for the import database wouldn't be huge - in fact it's something I'm even willing to look at (perhaps as a hack) if I could be pointed in the direction of the relevent scripts.

Thanks

Comment

Hmmm .

Hosts gave privs to both databases for the same user, but the script seems to be looking at the vB database and trying to import that - very strange indeed...any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
              X