Private forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private forums

How can I keep threads in private forums from showing up in the new topic list, because if users click on them they are taken right to the thread in the private forum...
    www.allmaddenfootball.com

The threads are shown in the new topics list only if you have permission to view them. (provided you configure permissions correctly)

Comment

If you're still unsure try logging out and seeing if you can see them. If you can then the forum isn't private.
      HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
      Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
      iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
      VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael2
        If you're still unsure try logging out and seeing if you can see them. If you can then the forum isn't private.
        Unfortunately though if you have a hack that says how many new threads and posts are there it doesnt work at member levels. I get complaints about this all the time. I hope it does with VBulletin 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Roody
          Unfortunately though if you have a hack that says how many new threads and posts are there it doesnt work at member levels. I get complaints about this all the time. I hope it does with VBulletin 3.
          Any hack would have to be written to take advantage of permissions. If your's doesn't you need to contact the author and see if they can fix it. It isn't a fault on the side of vBulletin itself.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Working...
          X