X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by Cynthia
    Okay, let me see if I've got this straight. By turning off "Browse board with cookies" a sessionhash is used and no login problems will occur even if Remember username and password aka Automatically login is turned off too?
    Yes sessionhash will be used but I can't guarantee there will no no login problems. There are just too many unknown factors and factors beyond our control to make this claim.

Leave a comment:

• Cynthia
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Sheesh - that's what I get for not reading carefully enough! I thought the second one was 'browse the board with cookies'.

Sorry about that.

Yes, turning 'browse' off forces the user to use sessionhash. Note hoever that this can create problems for AOL users and other members behind proxy servers.
    Okay, let me see if I've got this straight. By turning off "Browse board with cookies" a sessionhash is used and no login problems will occur even if Remember username and password aka Automatically login is turned off too?

This member is having the login issue and she wants both turned off. Can both be turned off and one successfully login and access and post in a session without being repeatedly prompted to login?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sheesh - that's what I get for not reading carefully enough! I thought the second one was 'browse the board with cookies'.

Sorry about that.

Yes, turning 'browse' off forces the user to use sessionhash. Note hoever that this can create problems for AOL users and other members behind proxy servers.

Leave a comment:

• Cynthia
    replied
    These are the same thing - just two different ways to word it.
    But didn't you say in your first post reply that they are different?

Which one uses a temporary cookie for the session? If the member doesn't want permanent cookies on her hard drive what selections or actions should she make?

Let me reword that. Which uses cookies and which uses sessionhash? And I would assume that someone who doesn't want cookies on their harddrive would choose the sessionhash one right?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    These are the same thing - just two different ways to word it.

Leave a comment:

• Cynthia
    replied
    The "Remember Username and Password?" option is in the Admin CP but not in the user cp. The user cp options has "Automatically Login?" but that is not given in the options for the user in the Admin CP. Is there a reason for the two separate option being in separate CPs?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Even if this user has the 'browse' settings on, this does not mean their computer is allowing cookies. There could be an issue with their browser setting, firewall, ad-blocking software and other programs that interfere with cookies.

Leave a comment:

• Cynthia
    replied
    No, they are two different things. The first remembers your login info when you come back to the forums. The second determines whether you use cookies or sessionhash to browse your forums.
    Thanks Steve but I'm quite confused with all this and now feel I might be telling my members something incorrect. Could you take a look at this thread?
    http://216.92.20.151/discussions/sho...threadid=47553

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    No, they are two different things. The first remembers your login info when you come back to the forums. The second determines whether you use cookies or sessionhash to browse your forums.

Leave a comment:

• Cynthia
    started a topic Login problem

Login problem

Is "Automatically Login" which is in the Edit Options of the user cp, and "Remember Username and Password" which is in the Admin CP the same thing? Or are they somehow different?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X