Emergency Help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Help!!!!

I have paid for a professional upgrade from vBul to goi from 2.2.4 to 2.3. on our dedicated server The tech Martin Erwin started the job and now the server isn't serveing web pages at all and I am getting 10s of thousands of emails from the vBulletin software.

His message to me was

Alex,
    > For some reason, I have lost http access to your site. I can still log on
    using SFTP and SSH, but not HTTP.
    >
    > Can you let me know when it's back up and running?
    >
    > Please let me know if you require any further assistance.
    >
    > All the best,
    > Martin Erwin
    > Support Team, vBulletin

He is not responding to my emails or posts in my installation thread. I have left my phone number there for him to call me collect.

Can somebody there let me know what is happening please?

I have an emergency email [email protected]

Please email me back at that
    Last edited by tribedude; Thu 13th Mar '03, 8:10pm.

Please

Please help me I am getting thousands and thousands of emails

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.4:

Invalid SQL: SELECT sessionhash,userid,host,useragent,styleid FROM session WHERE lastactivity>1047616667 AND sessionhash='ce3ed6012f76d2462528052c69cfd4ba' AND (host='24.100.251.3' OR (althash='' AND althash<>'')) AND useragent='Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows XP) Ope'
    mysql error: Unknown column 'althash' in 'where clause'

Please VBUL team assign someone else or resolve this situation or tell me what to do!

Comment

Your web server is not responding. I just tried it right now. This is nothing Martin did or could have done. I suggest you contact your web host about this.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        Your web server is not responding. I just tried it right now. This is nothing Martin did or could have done. I suggest you contact your web host about this.
        I am the web host.

It was running fine until he started the installation!!!!

Comment

Sorry but I don't believe he start anything because he couldn't access your server. Cary also had problems accessing your server which is why he asked Martin to take over the ticket. There seems to be a lot of problems with this server since two of our techs couldn't access it.
          Is this a dedicated server?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm sorry sir, but I have my doubts that this has anything to do with what the vb team did. It is quite possible that the mysql server crashed, or the entire server crashed, why not try rebooting it.

Comment

I'm also a server admin. One thing I can tell you for sure is that there is no way any install or upgrade to vbulletin would ever cause the web server software to stop responding.

Here's a good one for you then. If the web server software isn't running, then how is the VBB (which is still the old version by the way) managing to send you these emails?

Comment

Originally posted by TeKnIcIaN
                I'm also a server admin. One thing I can tell you for sure is that there is no way any install or upgrade to vbulletin would ever cause the web server software to stop responding.

Here's a good one for you then. If the web server software isn't running, then how is the VBB (which is still the old version by the way) managing to send you these emails?
                Excellent point. If the server was taken down then the Sendmail Daemon would have been smashed to. I also run my own server, and I there is no way on earth vbb could do that.

If you don't want to reboot the server, then try rebooting the http daemon.
                Last edited by ChanServ; Fri 14th Mar '03, 12:38am.

Comment

Originally posted by ChanServ
                  Excellent point. If the server was taken down then the Sendmail Daemon would have been smashed to. I also run my own server, and I there is no way on earth vbb could do that.

If you don't want to reboot the server, then try rebooting the http daemon.
                  What a nightmare. My server has been down for 8 hours + now. At least the thousands of vBulletin emal error messages have stopped.

The vBulletin tech guy tried to go back to the previous version for a while but gave up. He indicated that the issue may have been caused when the 2.2.9 vBulletin was trying to access the 2.2.4 database... Frankly, I thought this would be something that the upgrader be cogniscient of while doing an installation.

He tried starting and stopping apache, php, mysql, but apache is still not working in spite of appearing to be working in top.

I have left tons of messages for my own tech guy but he has not responded yet as he has a full time day job it may be a while before he can spare the time to fix this horrible nightmare situation.

We initially paid Eva2000 to install our board and optimize the operating system and server to run vB (that is the server's primary function) last year. If my tech guy can't be found, I hope we can find him and maybe he can help to get this sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by tribedude
                    What a nightmare. My server has been down for 8 hours + now. At least the thousands of vBulletin emal error messages have stopped.

The vBulletin tech guy tried to go back to the previous version for a while but gave up. He indicated that the issue may have been caused when the 2.2.9 vBulletin was trying to access the 2.2.4 database... Frankly, I thought this would be something that the upgrader be cogniscient of while doing an installation.

He tried starting and stopping apache, php, mysql, but apache is still not working in spite of appearing to be working in top.

I have left tons of messages for my own tech guy but he has not responded yet as he has a full time day job it may be a while before he can spare the time to fix this horrible nightmare situation.

We initially paid Eva2000 to install our board and optimize the operating system and server to run vB (that is the server's primary function) last year. If my tech guy can't be found, I hope we can find him and maybe he can help to get this sorted out.
                    If that is the case, it will truely be a first in my book.

Comment

If that is the case, it will truely be a first in my book.

I just managed to reach my tech guy who is having a look at the server to see what has happened.

Comment

I just managed to reach my tech guy who is having a look at the server to see what has happened.
                        Please tell me what happened when you find out cus I'm intrigued now.

Comment

Please tell me what happened when you find out cus I'm intrigued now.
                          The vBulletin guy, Martin, before he stopped work last night, tried to go back to the older version of the board software. He uploaded an older version back to the server but apparently it contains someone elses vBulletin config information (probably from the old version he uploaded). We are not motorcylcles philipines nor skywolf. I was notified by a user that they are getting this error message:

I’m getting the weirdest error message when trying to access www.tribemagazine.com/board.
                          Why is the contact for Technical Staff “[email protected]”?
                          I’m going to assume the problem is with the board (maybe I missed a ‘tribe downtime’ thread) but in case it’s not, I figured I’d tell ya.
                          Warning: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) in /var/www/html/board/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) in /var/www/html/board/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
                          Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
                          An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.
                          We apologise for any inconvenience.

---

I hope the phillipines guy hasn't been getting thousands of emails....

Comment

The vBulletin guy, Martin, before he stopped work last night, tried to go back to the older version of the board software. He uploaded an older version back to the server but apparently it contains someone elses vBulletin config information (probably from the old version he uploaded). We are not motorcylcles philipines nor skywolf. I was notified by a user that they are getting this error message:

I hope the phillipines guy hasn't been getting thousands of emails....

What file do I modify to change our info in that old installation Martin uploaded in order to get it to reflect our data in the short term, until this whole nightmare can be resolved? Remember, we have to do this without a control panel... only sftp and secure telnet

Comment

What file do I modify to change our info in that old installation Martin uploaded in order to get it to reflect our data in the short term, until this whole nightmare can be resolved? Remember, we have to do this without a control panel... only sftp and secure telnet
                              Just modify config.php in your /admin folder to point to that database.

Comment

Working...
                              X