Views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Views

Not sure if this is a hack or not. Under the post count in a users info that is shown next to a post it has the views. I want to shut that off. If it isn't a hack can you tell me how to do it?

Thanks
    www.allmaddenfootball.com

Luckily, this is simply a template modifcation.

From forumdisplay_threadslist, remove this:
    Code:
    <td bgcolor="{tableheadbgcolor}" nowrap><smallfont><a href="$sorturl&sortorder=desc&sortfield=views"><font color="{tableheadtextcolor}"><b>Views</b></font></a> $sortarrow[views]</smallfont></td>
    From forumdisplaybit, remove this:
    Code:
    <td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont>$thread[views]</normalfont></td>
    Don't forget to update announcements and remove this:
    Code:
     <td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont>-</normalfont></td>
    And if you want the alternating colors to be shown correctly, you'll need to change the lastpost td block's bgcolor="{firstaltcolor}" to {secondaltcolor}.

Comment

Originally posted by bjorkfan19
      Luckily, this is simply a template modifcation.

From forumdisplay_threadslist, remove this:
      Code:
      <td bgcolor="{tableheadbgcolor}" nowrap><smallfont><a href="$sorturl&sortorder=desc&sortfield=views"><font color="{tableheadtextcolor}"><b>Views</b></font></a> $sortarrow[views]</smallfont></td>
      From forumdisplaybit, remove this:
      Code:
      <td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont>$thread[views]</normalfont></td>
      Don't forget to update announcements and remove this:
      Code:
       <td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont>-</normalfont></td>
      And if you want the alternating colors to be shown correctly, you'll need to change the lastpost td block's bgcolor="{firstaltcolor}" to {secondaltcolor}.
      Where is the Views he is talking about?
      vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

Well...lol...I went through and did this and afterwards realized it remove teh view totals from the actual posts. I am talking about the INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS views. Meaning when it says how many POSTS a user has right under it it says VIEWS.

any help on that...lol...now I am trying to put the views thing back....

Comment

Ok, I took that stuff out thinking it was going to take the individual user views total off and it didn't...it obviously took off the views that are listed on each topic.

Can someone post a reverse of this so I know where to put the tags back in please?

I can't figure out where they go back in.

Thanks a bunch

Comment

Sorry. Look at the default templates and you should see what went where. I'll post the code in whole with references if you need.

It looks like the "Views" you're talking about is just in the postbit template, which you should be able to locate easily and remove. Did you download this style?

Comment

I just recently acquired the board...so I am not sure of the style...

But I can say that I am having no luck restoring what I took out like was instructed...lol...so any help would be appreciated

Comment

This looks like a heavily modified board. The "views" column you removed from the post page was part of a hack. The Replies section is modified, so I can't post the code to replace, but I'll try to help you locate where to replace the views.

The first piece of code from forumdisplay_threadslist goes after the "Replies" block closes and before you see $threadrating. From forumdisplaybit, replace the code after the $thread[replycount] closes and before $threadrating.

Comment

Thanks bjork...fixed and works...

I only did the first two steps cause after that I realized it wasn't doing what I wanted...so I put those 2 pieces back in where you said and it is all fixed...

Thanks a ton...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X