Crashing problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashing problems

I'm not sure what to do, or even where the problem exists. Here are the issues I'm having.:
    Only one admin can be in CP at a time, otherwise the boards go down.
    Periodically the boards go down for no reason. Almost like a hic-up.

We're not even close to using all our bandwidth and we have tons of space left.
    I would love any hints, tips, advice..anything you can offer to help us fix this problem. I need something to bring back to the server host to kinda let them know what's going on so we can work towards a resolution.

Thank you. You guys have been very helpful so far, and I've fond everything I've needed in searches here. I'm hoping this is something you can help me with as well.

I've never heard of this problem before. What do you mean by 'the boards go down'? What happens exactly?

Do you have any hacks installed?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Nope, no hacks yet. Tweaks, postbit changes, but no hacks.
      When someone tries to respond to a post or start a new thread, they end up going to a page not found page. It's as if the boards shut down. It doesn't happen for one person, it happens for everybody all at the same time, but just for a second or two, then everything is ok again. Like if someone turns off a light, then turns it on again.

Comment

Honestly this sounds more like a server problem. I'm not sure what, if anything, vB would contribute to this.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you! I wasn't sure. You may have guessed I'm REAL new to this whole thing. I didn't want to bug my server folks, and say it was a server problem if it wasn't a server problem. I appreciate your help you guys are really great here.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X