mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mods?

Okay, I have journals on my forum. vBulletin calls them mods, but they only mod their own forum and play no role in the forum's decisions, or staff. How do I make a mod-only forum where journal members can NOT access, and only people I specifiy? I am thinking access masks, but I need exact ways.

Thanks!

You have two choices:

1) Enable access masks and manually edit a user's permissions to give them access.

2) Create a new user group for the people that will have access. Edit the group permissions to deny access to all but this group (Forums & Moderators -> Permissions). Manually move users to the group to give them access to the forum.

Comment

Okay, I have a Seperate usergroup for journal owners, and I checked the forum permissions. It says only the Super Mods, Mods, and Admins can see it. These people are not in the moderator, super mod, and admin user group, but they can still access it. What's the deal?

Comment

How do you know they can access it? Honestly if your forum permissions are set correctly then they shouldn't be able to.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I know they can access it because they posted in it.

Use usergroup default (Note: this will delete any previous custom settings)
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Use custom settings:

Can view forum
          Yes No

Can search
          Yes No

Can use 'email to friend' feature
          Yes No

Can post new threads
          Yes No

Can post polls
          Yes No

Can vote on polls
          Yes No

Can post attachments
          Yes No

Can download attachments
          Yes No

Can move own threads to other forums
          Yes No

Can open / close own threads
          Yes No

Can delete own threads
          Yes No

Can reply to own threads
          Yes No

Can reply to other's threads
          Yes No

Can view others' threads
          Yes No

Can edit own posts
          Yes No

Can delete own posts
          Yes No I have them all as no, and has custom permissions activated in it.

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP. Also include the specific forum and user info.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
            X