X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot find users or moderate them

Hello,

I am an admin on http://www.stuntlife.com/forums

and have experienced a strange problem with locating users in the admin panel to change things in their accounts. Actually I am affected as well. When I goto the find user portion of the admin control panel and try to search for certain users (including myself), I am not able to find them. vBulletin says that the user cannot be found. This occurs when I try to find my own account as well. I can login to vbulletin (even the admin control panel too) and I can access everything. I can see my posts and search for them on the forum but when I try to find my own account and many others, it says they cannot be found!!!??? I rebuilt the indexes, threads, posts, and users and still it is not fixed. We recently even upgraded to 2.2.9 thinking that this might fix the problem...still nothing.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

-Jeremy Stuntlife team

This problem is probably due to the user and userfield tables no longer matching. There should be one entry for each user in both tables. You can verify this by using phpMyAdmin to access and view your database. If they don't match then you can use the script posted here to fix the problem:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...984#post248984
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thanks man...I hope this fixes the problem.

Comment

Ran the script and it did not work.
        -J

Comment

If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP.

If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first before filling out the support request.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP.

If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first before filling out the support request.

I submitted a help ticket. How long will it take do you think?

-j

Comment

It must have been answered because there's no unanswered tickets.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Nope,
                its been a couple of days now and I have received no emails or response to the ticket I filled out. Help!

Comment

Jeremy:

Did you get errors like
                  Code:
                  <-- Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.8:
                  Invalid SQL: UPDATE userfield SET userid=7,field1='',field2='',field3='',field4='', field7='',field8='',field11='' WHERE userid=7
                  mysql error: Unknown column 'field7' in 'field list'
                  mysql error number: 1054 -->
                  ?

Then try applying the following change to the script: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...342#post369342
                  Hints & Tips:
                  [[vB3] More Spiders / Indexers / Archives for vB3 - list]|[List of one-time-emails to ban]

http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...efox_80x15.png

Comment

I ran the scriipt that steve said to. The script worked (or looked like it did) and still the same users cannot be moderated from the admin cp (including myself). You just can't find them when you try in the admin cp field.

Now as far as the errors our database is giving occasionally, look at this thread and it shows them.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=67454

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy B
                      Nope,
                      its been a couple of days now and I have received no emails or response to the ticket I filled out. Help!
                      There are absolutely no unanswered support tickets in the system. What's the ticket number?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I do not remember. I am filling out another ticket right now Steve. Thanks for staying on top of this.

-J

Comment

I just filled out another ticket and realized the reason I don't have a ticket number is because your site doesn't give one. I just get this when I'm done filling out the form.

Thanks!
                          Welcome to the vBulletin support area, the first place to look for technical or sales assistance.
                          Thank you for posting a sales request with the vBulletin issue system. You have been emailed details about how you can view the replies to your query.
                          You will receive an email notification when a support rep replies to your issue.
                          Thanks,
                          vBulletin Support

That is all I receive when I am done. I have now done this three times. Let me know when I should expect a response. Thanks,
                          -J

Comment

There are no tickets in the system for 'Jeremy B'. All tickets get an automated email response with your ticket number.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Yes...Greg forwarded them to me. I have been the one posting the responses to the ticket that was opened earlier. Do you have IM on yahoo or msn messenger so we can fix this? I can give you all info and clear your domain to repair this if you can right now.

-J

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X