Guest viewing Private Forums Thread shown in "Who's Online?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest viewing Private Forums Thread shown in "Who's Online?"

How's that possible? My mods saw this guest reading a private thread from Who's Online!!!

I tested and tried with a normal user account and as guest, but cant read the thread at all!

The Who's Online list doesn't account for whether the user has permission to view the thread or forum. When they get a link to that thread, they are often either clicking on the "Go to the Last Post" link on the forumhome or just randomly putting in thread numbers in showthread.php

The only way to be assured they're not viewing it is to test it out as a guest yourself, which you did.

Personally, I'd like to see something in vBulletin 3 that adds an asterisk by the user's action if they don't have permission to view it, because no matter how many times I explain this to my users and mods, they just don't get it. Even if I do [ size=50][ b][ i][ u][ color=red]GUESTS DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION AND THEREFORE ARE NOT SEEING THIS[/closeabunchoftags], they just don't understand that things that they don't have permission to read are not being shown to them if they don't have permission to read them.
    Last edited by fury; Mon 10 Mar '03, 4:10am.

Comment

hi fury, tell me about members and mods, I have also done >>[ size=50][ b][ i][ u][ color=red]GUESTS DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION AND THEREFORE ARE NOT SEEING THIS[/closeabunchoftags] to tell and say the same things over and over again and to CALM them down! I have disabled Who's online, member list and a lot of other things to stop them from bugging and barking!

Comment

I wish I could do that. The repercussions would be worse than them seeing a guest viewing a member-only page, though, so I usually just curl up into the fetal position and sob myself to sleep.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X