VBhome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBhome

Where can i find VBhome? i can't find it anywhere!

Also my friend sent me a copy of vbulletin 3, however i am not sure if i should use it.... I have a licence but i don't know if it grants me to use Beta software...

Thanks.

You will have to contact the author of vBHome... It is not one of our products and we don't know where it is.

Using a copy of vBulletin 3.0 right now without being approved to using it would result in your license being revoked. In fact your friend is contributing to software piracy and should have his license revoked and legal action taken against him.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Ok thank you, i don't think he has a licence anyway...

Comment

If this is a real copy of vB3 then it's a serious violation of trust. I encourage you to send the details to [email protected].
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have not opend it, all i know so far is that it's file name is vbulletin.rar which seems a little odd...

Comment

well send the file to [email protected] and i'll give it a check.
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Ok, it should be in your inbox within a few mins, i am sending it twice because the mail server on that server is a lil dodgey...

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                You will have to contact the author of vBHome... It is not one of our products and we don't know where it is.

Using a copy of vBulletin 3.0 right now without being approved to using it would result in your license being revoked. In fact your friend is contributing to software piracy and should have his license revoked and legal action taken against him.
                Tell me you're joking...
                You're threatening Bobbaz when he's the one who's warning you, I find that amazing.
                If this is true, which I hope it's not, you should contact all beta testers and until the guilty party confesses, stop all beta testing.
                You're my Prince of Peace
                And I will live my life for You

Comment

Ok, well Scott MacVicar emailed me back and said it was VB2 with the footers changed to 3.0.0, of course i would not have known seeing as i did not install it.

But i still think it is wrong to give some people the opportunity
                  to test out somthing new, when other customers our paying EXCACTLY the same do not have that opportunity.
                  I think they should allow all vBulletin members to have the opportunity
                  to try out vB3 aswell as the option to download the latest version of vB2 incase they want to stay safe, this way it would be fair.
                  At the moment other members are getting somthing that the rest of us arn't, and no matter what Jelsofts reason is, it still does not make it fair.

There is no point explaining why it is not availble for all members to download because my point will still stand clear.

No matter what Jelsofts reason is, it still does not make it fair.
                  No doubt that Jelsoft will make any chnages, but atleast i made my point.
                  Last edited by RichM; Sun 9 Mar '03, 12:46pm.

Comment

I have to think the reason they dont let everyone try it, is because they want to work all the bugs out before releasing it to the general population of the board. If they did release it I would only think they would have to support, which would drive the post count here higher than ever with post asking how to solve this problem or that problem. Its much easier for them to do what they are doing. I dont blame them at all.

Just my opinion thou.

There is a portal called vbhome lite made my Teck. You can get it at vbulletin.org or teckwizards.com, if thats what your looking for.

Mark

Comment

The whole point of a beta test is to control testing, if you release it to a general public then you'll most likely end up with multiple reports of the same bug and the daily updates of the files would be required which most people wouldn't do.

Basically the smaller the group the easier it is to control.
                      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X