Have I been Hacked??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I been Hacked??

Have a huge problem on my board. After banning a few people I woke up this morning to this:

- words missing on the titles on my web board etc. I can not change this even when I go to administration panel

- my who's online is always set to 0 and won't change

I checked administration settings. I did not do anything on my page from last night so it's nothing I erased. I don't have any hacks, I didn't palay with any settings etc.

This is very upsetting. Is VB this easy to hack??

And why can't a change anything? It won't save my changes?

Oh and by the way the names of the private message boxes was changed and I can chenge them back.

I have erased and reinstalled 2.3.0 but still same problems.

Any help??
    Last edited by kathyp; Sat 8 Mar '03, 12:02pm.

There are a number of security issues with vB 2.2.3 which have been posted with each new version announcement. However based on this it's hard to say if you were hacked of a problem developed with the database.

The first thing I suggest is that you close your forums and upgrade to 2.3.0. The upgrade instructions are here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/upgrade.html
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sorry that's what I updated to and the problmes still remain. This is so bizarre because I completely erased 2.2.9 before installing 2.3.0.

That's what makes it bizarre.

Edited: I am gettingthe versions mixed up. Regardless I havethe newest one on and still no changes.

Comment

Now my time is gone. This sucks man.

The time now is PM.
        You last visited: 2003 PM.

That's what it states.

So can I get an answer: Was I hacked? Is someone having fun? If it's this easy to get hacked on VB I have to look elsewhere.

Comment

If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP.

If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first before filling out the support request.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok, sent ticket.

Comment

Wow, thanks for the fast service guys.

Comment

In case anyone else has this problem, this is a bug with PHP 4.2.3 when it's compiled with the mbstring extension. To fix this you need to ask your host to recompile it without mbstring or better yet, upgrade to PHP 4.3.1.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=56291

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X