New templates with upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New templates with upgrade

I recently switched from 2.0.3 to 2.2.9 and the install went great except one thing.

None of my templates were updated, or I guess I should say all the new templates were imported but I don't see any of the new features on my baord b/c they are still using the old templates.

I'mmissing those cool features like (# Viewing) on the forum list, Yahoo/ICQ online stuff.

How do I get these new features to show up without hand inserting all the correct templates, or is that how I'm supposed to do it, and if so which ones do I call?

The issue is that I've upgraded, but it doesn't appear as if I did b/c no new features are showing.

thanks
    Petey

Custom templates will not be upgraded or overwritten.

This has been stated several times and it also says in several release announcements to revert those templates to original if you also want to upgrade them.

What you can do, is revert the templates to original (all) and then upgrade to 2.3.0 and then you will have it all.

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
      Custom templates will not be upgraded or overwritten.

This has been stated several times and it also says in several release announcements to revert those templates to original if you also want to upgrade them.

What you can do, is revert the templates to original (all) and then upgrade to 2.3.0 and then you will have it all.
      Ok,

Thanks a bunch! I assume there's detailed instructions on upgrading from 2.2.9 to 2.3.0 on the board somewhere?

Thanks
      Petey

Comment

See the announcement board
        and see the line from the members area that says 'upgrade instructions'. This is how its done with every version.

Comment

I've been looking at the upgrade instructions and all it says to run is upgrade23.php along with uploading the files.

I've reverted all my templates to original, but my concern is will the upgrade23.php fix "ALL" the templates I had modified or must I rerun upgrade13 - 22 to grab all the mods since 2.0.3? My only concern is that when I upgraded from 2.0.3 and ran 13-22 it may not have updated my templates b/c they were moded. Are all template changes in 23,(I assume not), so I would assume I need to rerun 13-22 to grab all the correct templates?

Thanks
          Petey

Comment

Don't rerun upgrade*.php if you already have done that.

The latest version will set the latest templates

read the upgrade instructions, at the bottom it says

Templates Upgrading will not overwrite any of your custom templates. If you have customized any template that is listed as 'modified' in the announcement, we seriously recommend using the 'revert' option to return them to the default template, then re-applying your customizations.

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
              Don't rerun upgrade*.php if you already have done that.

The latest version will set the latest templates

read the upgrade instructions, at the bottom it says

Templates Upgrading will not overwrite any of your custom templates. If you have customized any template that is listed as 'modified' in the announcement, we seriously recommend using the 'revert' option to return them to the default template, then re-applying your customizations.
              Awesome. Thanks a bunch.

I understood what it said, I was just unsure if only "new" templates where in each upgrade file, not "all" templates so running just the upgrade I needed to would fix my problem.

Thanks again for the clarification!

Comment

The latest build of vBulletin will have all the templates it need to operate properly. This will also include the templates from previous builds.

Comment

It says

Upgrading will not overwrite any of your custom templates. If you have customized any template that is listed as 'modified' in the announcement, we seriously recommend using the 'revert' option to return them to the default template, then re-applying your customizations.

What announcement are they referring to? Is there a list with each version as far as what templates were modified?
                  Marc
                  -------

Comment

Check the Announcement forum for the announcement for each version.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

is there a way to revert all templates back to original at once without doing them one by one?
                      Marc
                      -------

Comment

Not that I'm aware of.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
                        X