Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Click on the Live Chat link here. I'm online right now:

http://www.vbulletin.com/contact/

Leave a comment:

• ConMeoCon
    replied
    do you have any AIM or Instant messenger where I can talk to you instantly? My AIM is ConstantLive and YIM is Traingheo02
    Thanks for helping

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You need to use the full and correct path the the file on your sever. For the dump, I would leave off the /path/to/ and dump the backup to whatever directory you are logged into.

Also to find the full and exact path of where you are on the server, type this at the command line:

pwd

Leave a comment:

• ConMeoCon
    replied
    For example: mysqldump --opt -uUSERNAME -p databasename > /path/to/dump.sql

I don't know what I have to replace for the word "path" and also what I suppose to replace the word "to" .

cd /path/to/yourbackupdirectory
    I don't understand this also. What do I have to replace the "path" and "to" with? Sorry I kind of don't understand this .
    Please help...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Not reliably. What did you find complicated? Maybe we can explain it better.

Leave a comment:

• ConMeoCon
    replied
    I read over but it's sound very complicates to be done. Is there any other way to do ?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    See this:

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html

Leave a comment:

• ConMeoCon
    started a topic Move a site to a new site

Move a site to a new site

Hello everyone,
    I have a question on how to move a forum that currently using domain1.com to domain2.com. I mean I want to move the whole forums and database to a new site totally with out lost any post. I just want to change the name of the website. Please guide me on how to do this . If can, list the step that I have to do.
    Thanks alot
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X