Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple problems since server move

Dear VBulletin staff/community,

We recently did a move and everything went well, except for the fact that unless you logout, you can not see new posts. When you log back in, it shows the posts from just before the move, and nothing current. Another problem is delayed posting which results in double-quadruple postings from members (including myself). Basically it acts as if its going to timeout during a reply, and then it goes on to post multiple replys on the same thread, WITHOUT clicking submit multiple times. Another error I see a lot is this

Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES)

mysql error number: 1045

Date: Thursday 06th of March 2003 10:22:24 AM
    Script: /forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29
    Referer:
    Please don't tell me to check my config file for discrepencies as all of the information within that file is correct and accurate.

The second I get one of those emails I can go to the forums with no problems at all, so it is very puzzling. I am taking the liberty of supplying the phpinfo file, extended mysql status and php.ini config, and my.cnf config. Please help me out with this as I am having one heck of a time with it. BTW, I have already cleared the sessions table, but that did not help any, I also changed cookie location in hopes that would fix it, as it did not. Thanks

URLS:

Forums main:
    http://www.ideninsider.com/forums

PHPINFO:
    http://www.ideninsider.com/help/phpinfo.php

MYSQL Extended status:
    http://www.ideninsider.com/help/extended.txt

my.cnf config:
    http://www.ideninsider.com/help/mycnf.php

php.ini config:
    http://www.ideninsider.com/help/php.txt

Again, thanks for your help in advance, as I'm sure we can get this fixed sooner or later.
    VBulletin version: 2.2.8

Sincerely,
    Patrick Jones
    Ideninsider.com Administrator
    Last edited by Patrick; Thu 6 Mar '03, 9:16am.

Sorry but that error message is very specific. Something in config.php is not right, or that user does not have the necessary MySQL permissions.

How did you make the backup of the databe and how did you restore it?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ok, for some reason when I run phpinfo.php it will NOT work...

<?
      phpinfo();
      ?>
      Please tell me what I did wrong... The other files are available, but phpinfo.php is not working until someone can direct me on how to get it to parse it.

Comment

I did it via the instructions with vbulletin, and I also shutdown mysql and tar'ed it up and untar'ed it on the new machine after I started getting this error in the beggining. If you visit the forums, you will see that it works with the user/pass. It has all permissions available for the database as well... Thats why I don't understand. If you would like to contact me on AIM at DaMacIRC as you can verify I'm a paying member of vbulletin, I'll allow you root access to phpmyadmin and you can check it if you'd like.

Comment

Sorry I still don't know how you made this backup and restored it. You'll need to be more specific.

I think these problems are too severe to handle on the forums. Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Its been submitted for a couple hours, please advise when you have figured out the problem. Thanks.

Comment

I took a preliminary look but couldn't find anything. I'll try again soon.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks Steve, it is a very puzzling problem as I run 2 other vbulletin boards with no problem I couldn't handle personally, this one is so odd its just down-right weird. LOL

Comment

Also, just an insight, I used the old database remotely on the new machine and encountered the same problem, that is why I was quick to eliminate the database as being the culprit, doesn't single out the settings within mysql/php though. Thouught I'd shed that tidbit of info as well.

-Patrick

P.S. There was absolutely no problems on the old machine, just 60gig/month transfer prompted a move

Comment

I tried to access your forums and they were constantly trying to reconnect. This was particularly bad in the User CP. I set up the default templates and the same thing happened with those, which leads me to believe this is a server issue. Any idea what's going on with that?

Also the FTP info you provided was incorrect and i couldn't login.

And finally we can only respond to the email address on the ticket. We have no way of responding to a different address.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

It is not incorrect, please check the support ticket... I will speak to you there. Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X