Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This error means either:

1. One or more of the following is wrong in your config.php file:

$dbusername
    $dbpassword
    $dbname

If you are unsure of what the appropriate values are then you will need to ask your web host.

2. Or that this db user is not assigned to that database or does not have permission to access MySQL to create a database. You may need to first manually create the database and assign the db user to it. Since each web host is different, if you do not know how to do this then contact your web host for help.

Leave a comment:

• HellRider666
    started a topic Install Problem on Step 3...

Install Problem on Step 3...

When I try to install a forum it gets to Step 2 no problem but when I get to Step 3 it says this:

Attempting to attach to database...

Warning: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) in /users/ionichost.com/wrestlingpain/vb/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) in /users/ionichost.com/wrestlingpain/vb/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /users/ionichost.com/wrestlingpain/vb/admin/db_mysql.php on line 47
    The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please go back to the last step and ensure that you have entered all your login details correctly.

(i put "xxx" where the username is... but i changed it for here)

Any help?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X