Wierd ! Shows Up In Email Bulletins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd ! Shows Up In Email Bulletins

I'm having some weird problems with sending emails through vBulletin. When I send out a mailer to members, some sections have a ! character througout the email.

Setup
    vB 2.2.5
    Apache
    PHP 4.3.0

Here's the original email to be sent out from vB and the email I received after it sent. I enlarged the ! character for easy finding since this text is pretty long to read through :

Email text before being sent:
    Hi $username,

evolutionm.net is proud to announce, WORKS as our latest site sponsor. WORKS, a San Francisco, CA based tuning shop, will be providing tuning services as well as in-house, race proven parts specifically for the Lancer Evolution. WORKS is asking for all upcoming Evo owners to participate on their message board in order to discuss their product lineup for the Evo as well find out what products to develop for the future. You can visit their message board at:
    $bburl/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=79

You can also visit their official website at:
    http://www.worksrally.com

This rabid group of enthusiasts is the premise behind WORKS, a U.S. tuning company headed up by a group of automotive engineers and fabricators with tuning experience stretching back to the humble beginnings of the import tuning craze in the late ‘80s. The tuners at WORKS, based out of San Francisco, California, have been modding ECUs, designing intake and exhaust systems, and tweaking suspensions as far back as the introduction of the first Evolution model, way back in 1992. WORKS understands that while the stock Evo presents a fantastic package right off of the showroom floor, Mitsubishi needed to make certain compromises that would have the lunatic fringe up in arms: the Japanese car manufacturer’s collective “gentlemen’s agreement” to limit horsepower, cost cutting measures by Mitsubishi’s accountants to keep the price point of the new car affordable, and the obligatory de-tuning margin for error used to account for owners who fail to fill up with premium fuel or keeping the car properly tuned. The dedicated Evo enthusiasts cringe at these considerations and realize that with a bit of tuning and tweaking, the stock Evo could be so much more – a blank canvas on which to paint their dreams.

Launching in 2003, WORKS began its R&D and manufacturing process for developing cutting edge tuning products for the U.S. Evolution. Having followed the development of tuning parts in Japan, Australia, New Zealand and the U.K., WORKS is aware of what the manufacturers of performance parts, both big and small, have done for the prior seven generations of the Evo. What sets WORKS apart is the commitment to continue pushing the envelope and taking the Evo one-step higher. By using state-of-the-art technology, including sophisticated CAD and 3-D modeling programs together with extensive street, track and dyno testing, WORKS is able to ensure that its products for the Evo represent the ultimate performance value for savvy customers who know quality when they see it. While the engineers at large Japanese tuning housings ready their product lines to offer “off the shelf” consumer level products to the average street enthusiast, WORKS realizes that the true enthusiasts, the type of person who has waited this long for the Evo, is looking for something more than a run-of-the-mill product line expanded from last year’s offerings for Civics and Integras. WORKS is here for the Evo and looks at each car as an expression of that owner’s goal to live life without compromises. You’ve waited long enough and WORKS is here to ensure that your Evo will have been worth the wait.

To visit the WORKS message board go to:
    $bburl/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=79

To visit WORKS website go to:

Thank you,

Mark
    evolutionm.net

~~~~~~~~~ Unsubscribe ~~~~~~~~~
    To unsubscribe from these emails please visit:
    $bburl/usercp.php?s=&action=profile
    Email that I received:
    Hi KK,
    evolutionm.net is proud to announce, WORKS as our latest site sponsor. WORKS, a San Francisco, CA based tuning shop, will be providing tuning services as well as in-house, race proven parts specifically for the Lancer Evolution. WORKS is asking for all upcoming Evo owners to participate on their message board in order to discuss their product lineup for the Evo as well find out what products to develop for the future. You can visit their message board at:
    http://forums.evolutionm.net/forumdi...?s=&forumid=79

You can also visit their official website at:

This rabid group of enthusiasts is the premise behind WORKS, a U.S. tuning company headed up by a group of automotive engineers and fabricators with tuning experience stretching back to the humble beginnings of the import tuning craze in the late ‘80s. The tuners at WORKS, based out of San Francisco, California, have been modding ECUs, designing intake and exhaust systems, and tweaking suspensions as far back as the introduction of the first Evolution model, way back in 1992. WORKS understands that while the stock Evo presents a fantastic package right off of the showroom floor, Mitsubishi needed to make certain compromises that would have the lunatic fringe up in arms: the Japanese car manufacturer’s collective "gentlemen’s agreement" to limit horsepower, cost cutting measures by Mitsubishi’s accountants to keep the price point of the new car affordable, and the obligatory de-tuning margin for error used to account for owners who fail to fill up with premium fuel or keeping!
    the car properly tuned. The dedicated Evo enthusiasts cringe at these considerations and realize that with a bit of tuning and tweaking, the stock Evo could be so much more – a blank canvas on which to paint their dreams.
    Launching in 2003, WORKS began its R&D and manufacturing process for developing cutting edge tuning products for the U.S. Evolution. Having followed the development of tuning parts in Japan, Australia, New Zealand and the U.K., WORKS is aware of what the manufacturers of performance parts, both big and small, have done for the prior seven generations of the Evo. What sets WORKS apart is the commitment to continue pushing the envelope and taking the Evo one-step higher. By using state-of-the-art technology, including sophisticated CAD and 3-D modeling programs together with extensive street, track and dyno testing, WORKS is able to ensure that its products for the Evo represent the ultimate performance value for savvy customers who know quality when they see it. While the engineers at large Japanese tuning housings ready their product lines to offer "off the shelf" consumer level products to the average street enthusiast, WORKS realizes that the true enthusiasts, the type of !
    person who has waited this long for the Evo, is looking for something more than a run-of-the-mill product line expanded from last year’s offerings for Civics and Integras. WORKS is here for the Evo and looks at each car as an expression of that owner’s goal to live life without compromises. You’ve waited long enough and WORKS is here to ensure that your Evo will have been worth the wait.
    To visit the WORKS message board go to:
    http://forums.evolutionm.net/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=79
    To visit WORKS website go to:
    Thank you,
    Mark
    evolutionm.net

~~~~~~~~~ Unsubscribe ~~~~~~~~~
    To unsubscribe from these emails please visit:
    http://forums.evolutionm.net/usercp....action=profile
    I know I'm running an older, hacked version of vB, but I've had this problem on another server when sending out large emails with html content (tends to have more text) so I think this may be a setting on the server or PHP maybe. Has anyone experienced something like this when sending out emails?

Thanks,

Mark

Hmmmm...I haven't seen this one before. It's possible there are some compatibility isues between vB 2.2.5 and PHP 4.3.0. The first thing I recommend is upgrading your vB.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X