Announcements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcements

Whenever I try and make more then one announcement, they get blended together. How do I fix this?

That is by design.

If you want separate announcements at the top of your forums, try posting a thread and making it "sticky."

Comment

It still does that.

Comment

If you do want Jake suggested then these are individual threads. Read what he said again.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I want two seperate global announcements, not 2-in-1.

Two seperate links in all forums, not one link for both of them.

Comment

As we've said you can't have two separate announcements. This would require hacking. The workaround Jake posted was to use sticky threads instead.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'll revive this thread since it speaks to my issue.

I understand what you're saying above, BTW. But the problem I have is then having to copy and move, copy and move the thread to all the other forums, then make it sticky. And when the announcement has run it's course, I have to go back in and unstick and delete, unstick and delete.

Do you know offhand if a hack exists to do this (PS - I know about vB.org, just wanted to avoid running 30 searches on slightly dif't terms - hacks aren't always named intuitively)? To have each announcement separate, I mean?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

(Sean, did you read this?)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                As we've said you can't have two separate announcements. This would require hacking. The workaround Jake posted was to use sticky threads instead.
                Not necessarily, although really close to it: http://www.vbulletintemplates.com/mo...?threadid=2457
                --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

What's the purpose of not allowing more than one announcement?

Comment

That's the kind of thing I was looking for. Thanks filburt!

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                    X