Invalid SQL problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid SQL problem

I just backed up my SQL and had to get it on my new host .. trickily because i didnt have shell access and phpMyAdmin kept dying out because the backup was too big. But everything seems to fine except when users click on USER CP to modify their own profiles... I get:

---------------------------------------------------------
    Database error in vBulletin 2.2.7:

Invalid SQL: SELECT privatemessage.*,touser.username AS tousername,fromuser.username AS fromusername,icon.title AS icontitle,icon.iconpath FROM privatemessage,user AS touser,user AS fromuser LEFT JOIN icon ON icon.iconid=privatemessage.iconid WHERE privatemessage.userid='1' AND folderid=0 AND touser.userid=privatemessage.touserid AND fromuser.userid=privatemessage.fromuserid AND messageread=0 ORDER BY dateline DESC
    mysql error: File '/var/lib/mysql/damagedplanet/user.MYD' not found (Errcode: 13)
    mysql error number: 1105
    Date: Saturday 01st of March 2003 09:42:24 AM
    Script: http://www.damagedplanet.com/vbb/vbb/usercp.php?
    Referer: http://damagedplanet.com/vbb/index.php?
    ---------------------------------------------------------

I dont know what this means? Is my user.MYD corrupt or is there something I can do to fix it?

Look through phpMyAdmin and see if there's a 'user' table. Did you restore it?

Comment

yup I have it it seems to be working fine it lists all the users

Comment

Error code 13: Permission denied

There's something wrong with the permissions for user.MYD. You'll need to contact your host and ask them to check this.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I pretty much have full access to the server is there anything I can check? ... in phpMyAdmin or in the file permissions

Comment

Check the file permissions for user.MYD.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It had certain permissions set i gave it 777 (all) and it works... is that bad though? What SHOULD it be

I had to upload the MYI, MYD, and FRM files onto the server that was the only way I could get a backup on to my new host without shell access and phpMyAdmin kept dying mid-restore...

what should the permissions be for all these files and who should be the owner... im assuming "root"
              Last edited by indiCa; Fri 28 Feb '03, 4:59pm.

Comment

Now Im just getting this:

Warning: MySQL: Unable to save result set in /home/whipshock/damagedplanet.com/html/vbb/admin/db_mysql.php on line 93

----------------------------------------------------------------
                Database error in vBulletin 2.2.7:

Invalid SQL: SELECT userid,username FROM user WHERE userid=2372
                mysql error: Got error 127 from table handler
                mysql error number: 1030
                Date: Saturday 01st of March 2003 10:21:16 AM
                Script: http://www.damagedplanet.com/vbb/vbb/index.php?
                Referer: http://damagedplanet.com/vbb/usercp.php?
                ----------------------------------------------------------------

mainly this error every time I visit links on my forum:

-----------------------------

What is this and any ideas on how I can fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by indiCa
                  It had certain permissions set i gave it 777 (all) and it works... is that bad though? What SHOULD it be

I had to upload the MYI, MYD, and FRM files onto the server that was the only way I could get a backup on to my new host without shell access and phpMyAdmin kept dying mid-restore...

what should the permissions be for all these files and who should be the owner... im assuming "root"
                  660 and owner is 'mysql'.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by indiCa

What is this and any ideas on how I can fix this?
                    Error code 127: Record-file is crashed

You need to repair the database. Upload repair.php (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) to your admin directory. Close your forums, then run it from your browser with this syntax:

http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/admin/repair.php?html=1&check=1

[Of course change the exact URL as appropriate for your forums.]

If everything reports 'Ok' then reopen your forums. If not, then run it again. The second time everything should report Ok. See if this fixes the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X