Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ah! Customer Info incorrect & I needed support!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah! Customer Info incorrect & I needed support!

Oops!

The customer information on my vBulletin account is incorrect and does not reflect my own info. It's from the previous owner of the license who is no longer online and had supposidely already contacted vBulletin to change the name/email.

To add to the urgency, I just submitted a support request and realized the emailis wrong. I won't get a reply!

Submit another ticket. I have to warn you though that you will need to provide solid proof that you are the legitimate owner of that license before we can transfer it to you.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You see, that's a problem. I don't know how I can "prove" it since the previous owner isn't around anymore. The customer info was supposed to be changed a long while ago but never was.

You can't just please change it for me? Even if I hacked the pass or something, the "real" owner would still have the login info and could reverse anything that I do (just to show how it wouldn't be a big deal even in the nonexistant scenario).

Comment

Sorry. I'm sure you can understand why we can't just transfer licenses without the expressed consent and knowledge of the owner. That would be a breach of trust with our customers.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Now what? I'm screwed?

I am a customer. You're telilng me that I am now denied support, etc, because of the wrongdoing of the previous owner, someone who is not your customer. Rediculous.

Comment

If the license is under somebody else's name and email address, the license rightfully belongs to them, since they are the ones that purchased it.

Have you even tried emailing the 'old' owner recently?

Comment

Yes, but seeing as though their website is now inactive and he doesn't reply in any medium, I can't reach him. Additionally, the license rightfully belongs to myself. vBulletin owners can resell their license to other parties; it happens all the time.

If you purchase a car but the dealer never allows you to drive one away, you still rightfully own the car.

Comment

Originally posted by geiger
                Yes, but seeing as though their website is now inactive and he doesn't reply in any medium, I can't reach him. Additionally, the license rightfully belongs to myself. vBulletin owners can resell their license to other parties; it happens all the time.

If you purchase a car but the dealer never allows you to drive one away, you still rightfully own the car.
                Yes, but a license is not resold untill the old owner transfers the license.

Comment

Sorry but we cannot transfer a license without the expressed consent of the owner of that license. Imagine trying to go to the Motor Vehicle Department and having the title of a car transferred over to you without the consent of the owner.

I sympathize with your plight, but unless the owner asks to have this license transferred, then he is still the legal and rightful owner of the license.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I was finally able to contact the owner and he attempted to change the license name over a week ago. The vBulletin staff has still not "officially" changed it. How am I supposed to recieve support when even the staff won't change the name?

Comment

We need verification before transferring a license. In all probability he hasn't responded to our request for this verification. If you can provide the ticket of his support ticket I can look it up and tell you exactly what is going on with it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Grr I'll try and contact him again. He's such a difficult person to work with, this is driving me nuts!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X