UserCP Distortion - Corrections in Future Versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UserCP Distortion - Corrections in Future Versions

In two templates, usercp and usercpnav, there is a usage of the {tableinnerextra} “replacement”. Specifically I am referring to the tables that control the width of the list of options on the screen and the buddy list width.

In usercpnav
    (down 2 lines of code)
    PHP Code:
    <table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0" {tableinnerextrawidth="100%"
    In usercp Find:
    PHP Code:
    <!-- start pm message table --> 
    (down 4 lines of code)
    PHP Code:
    <table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="{tableinnerborderwidth}" border="0" {tableinnerextrawidth="100%"
    I found that the use of these replacements caused great distortion in my screen when a static value was entered into my created style.

Since both have hardcoded values of a dynamic 100% is there a need for the {tableinnerextra} to even exist in these lines?

What is expected from Version 3 regarding this matter?

The {tableinnerextra} isn't meant to be used to define a table's width - rather it is to be used to specify extra attributes for the inner tables, such as background images or letter spacing (using CSS).

Version 3 will have a completely different style, so this may no longer be of concern then. The style you see here now isn't final yet. I have no idea when they'll start working on the new vB3 style though, back in Nov 2002 they said "it won't look like this much longer!" but here it is still using the same temporary style. But, I'm sure they'll eventually finish it

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X