X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rachael
    replied
    Originally posted by Jakeman
    Upload mailtest.php (in the extras folder of the vBulletin zip file) to your forum directory, run it from your web browser, and send a test email to yourself. If you receive the test email and no errors are displayed, then your server's email service is working fine, and the bounced emails are being caused by problems with the destination address, not your server.
    Done that no problems. My mail configuration is working fine, loads are sent out every day. It's just that a lot of them get bounced back with the error I described. If I email the address that was bounced from my own mail server everything works fine.

The error message is pretty non-descript I know, but looks to me as if something isn't being formed properly within the vBulletin message. I get too many rejected emails for them all to be down to a problem with the receiving mail servers.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Upload mailtest.php (in the extras folder of the vBulletin zip file) to your forum directory, run it from your web browser, and send a test email to yourself. If you receive the test email and no errors are displayed, then your server's email service is working fine, and the bounced emails are being caused by problems with the destination address, not your server.

Leave a comment:

• Rachael
    started a topic 554 Permanent Mail Problems

554 Permanent Mail Problems

Hi

I am getting quite a lot of emails bounced back from my forum. Most worrying is the amount of activation emails that get returned.

The example below is typical of the type of error (554):

The original message was received at Sun, 23 Feb 2003 19:19:57 -0000

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    <
    [email protected]>

----- Transcript of session follows -----
    554 permanent problems with the remote server anymailserver.net

My server runs on W2K and IIS SMTP.

Can anyone suggest how I can solve this problem?

Thanks

Rach
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X