How to translate specific field!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to translate specific field!!!

I'm translating to spanish, but most of the time I'm skiping some words to translate, and then it's very difficult to serach for those.

I tried to use the search option at the templates area, but no sucesss, I need to go one by one.

is there any way of how to search any area of the vb?

Let say, I'm surfing into my forum and I,m seeing couple of words in english that need to be translated, here is my headache, how to do it?

thanks

Unfortunately some of the words are in the PHP scripts themselves. You will need to search through these as well.

However when vB 3.0 is released (hopefuully within 3 months), it will have the ability to easily create and share Language Packs. All the language is being taken out of the templates and php files and out into a separate Language Pack. With this, all you will need to do is translate the words and phrases to your own language just one time and this will work with all vB 3.0 styles and template sets.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Some words are in the templates, but how to look for them directly. Im going one by one and it's taking more time.

Comment

What words are not showing in template search?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Would u go to my page? www.mamaypapa.com

here u can see at 'Encuestas' (down to your right): 'Edit Poll' (I can't find it to translate

Also, at the Calendario (Calendar): see the months' name and surfing months are in english. Same problem.

Comment

Using the template search function for 'Edit Poll' finds three templates:

editpoll
            showthread_polloptions
            showthread_pollresults

Are you sure you are using the template search function correctly?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I guess Im doing something wrong 'cause I typed 'Edit Poll' and no results poped up.

These are my steps:

- click on Search (Templates area)
              - type 'Edit Poll' at Find String field
              - click at Find String button

Comment

If you've already modified the template it's possible that search won't work. However it works fine on my forums - even with modified templates.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I've been modifying the templates, how can I save all my modifications? I guess if I save it, I can use the default template (Im doing all the changes ron it) to search for missing words.

Comment

I don't understand the question.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Never mind, Steve-.

If u see the main page and u want to change the legend of anything, how would u do it?

let say, u want to change the welcome text 'Hello' for 'What's up'

Comment

Again I'm confused. Just edit the appropriate templates.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hi, yesterday I couldn't finish my question due to I was running out of time, well...

how can I add windows such as news, statistics, who's in line, etc in the main page (vbulletin.org= main page, vbulletin.org/vb=forum)?

thanks

Comment

That requires hacking. You can check out one of the portal hacks available at vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

If a set up a template hack, will it change my translations?

any recommended hack to do so?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X