Log mods actions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log mods actions?

Is there some way to track what a mod does? For example: I think one of the mods on my board is deleting threads but I'm not sure. I found an admin log, but that only tracks what I do. Is there one that lists the actions preformed by a moderator? Thanks.

No, there's no Mod log in vB 2.x. This would require hacking.

It will be a feature in vB3.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      No, there's no Mod log in vB 2.x. This would require hacking.

It will be a feature in vB3.
      will VB3 have a recycle bin feature where we can restore deleted posts if need be?

Comment

You can already do this in vB2. Just create a private Recycle Bin forum and remove the Mod ability to delete posts. I've bbeen doing this on my forums for a long time now.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You can already do this in vB2. Just create a private Recycle Bin forum and remove the Mod ability to delete posts. I've bbeen doing this on my forums for a long time now.
          actually that wasnt what I meant. I dont want to take away the ability of my MODS to delete something, what I am wondering is if there is a way to recover something accidentally deleted.

I had heard you could do this with a hack in VB2, but will it be a feature in VB3?

Comment

No, there is no way to recover a deleted post or thread in vB 2.x. This feature will be in vB3.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

No, there is no way to recover a deleted post or thread in vB 2.x. This feature will be in vB3.
              Hey cool. Good to hear it will be in VB3. The more I hear about VB3 the more I think I am going to be very impressed with VBulletin's work.

Nice job guys

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X