Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It depends on what you want to do. You can edit registeradult so that certain fields are hidden and are set to use the default settings you specify.

Leave a comment:

• mferguson
    replied
    Steve,
    Thanks for the information. I'm comfortable hacking it if I need to but wanted to ask first. I'll also ask over on vbulletin.org as well to see if someone has already done something similar.

Thanks for the reference to the registeradult template. If I make modifications to this UI how do I determine what is minimum set of information needed to create a user successfully (ie - what is required by the forum handling code to do a successful insert?)

Thanks again for your help!

Mark

Originally posted by Steve Machol
    I'm, not sure how to do the first question wiothout hacking. Maybe someone else will know.

As for the second question, this is only available in vB 3.0. However you can always create a simple registration process yourself by modifying registeradult accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I'm, not sure how to do the first question wiothout hacking. Maybe someone else will know.

As for the second question, this is only available in vB 3.0. However you can always create a simple registration process yourself by modifying registeradult accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• mferguson
    started a topic Custom user profile data types?

Custom user profile data types?

I'm just setting up vb2.3.0 and would like to add some required fields to the user profile for registration. They are:

- Send me the monthly newsletter
    - Allow sponsors of the site to email me specials, product announcements, etc.

These can be either a check box allowing the user to "opt-in" to the option or a simple yes and no radio button.

Is there a way to do this out of the box or will I need to hack the registration interface?

Also, I noticed that when I registered here that there was a quick registration method. Is this a feature of 3.0 or something that can be enabled in a 2.X version?

Thanks for your assistance!

Mark
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X