Sub Forum question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub Forum question

I have several forums I want to move into a sub-forum environment. How exactly do I do this for an already existing and active forum?

Simple click on Forums -> Modify... Find your forum in the list and click [Edit]. On the forum detail screen, just change their parent to the forum you want it to be a sub-forum of.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Simple click on Forums -> Modify... Find your forum in the list and click [Edit]. On the forum detail screen, just change their parent to the forum you want it to be a sub-forum of.

ok just to make sure I understand you im going to give you the scenario. I have a category called "Gaming Clan Forums" below that I am going to create two forums called "GanGreen" and "TAK" inside those two forums I want to move their respective forums for example.

I want to move GanGreen Public forum, Private forum into the "GanGreen" forum. To do this if I understand you correctly I would make the GanGreen Private/Public forum to have their parent forum be "GanGreen"?

Comment

Originally posted by Roody
        ok just to make sure I understand you im going to give you the scenario. I have a category called "Gaming Clan Forums" below that I am going to create two forums called "GanGreen" and "TAK" inside those two forums I want to move their respective forums for example.

I want to move GanGreen Public forum, Private forum into the "GanGreen" forum. To do this if I understand you correctly I would make the GanGreen Private/Public forum to have their parent forum be "GanGreen"?
        Thoughts?

Comment

Honestly I got a little confused by your description. Try it and see what happens.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Honestly I got a little confused by your description. Try it and see what happens.
            Ok. looking back on it now I can see why it was confusing.

Comment

Working...
            X