Tables "In Use"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tables "In Use"

It's happened once already, as a database error is displayed when trying to view the boards, and several of the fields of the database are "In Use." Being on a shared server, I don't have the authority to immediately shut down the mySQL server to repair them.

Anyways, since we were waiting for days for our host to get this fixed, we set up a new database and let the boards keep going, even though we had to start over fresh. Yet again, tonight, on the database with the new scripts, several tables are "In Use."

Is this caused by problems on the server or in the scripts or what? The scripts we installed on the second setup were fresh with the only modification done to the scripts since then being the Quick Reply, and I'm sure that was done right.

If anyone can shed some light on the problem, it'd be great. My terrible host (phpwebhosting) didn't give me any information when they fixed the first database.

Right now I'm running version 2.2.9 (waiting on 2.3.0 to be final ).

'In use' can mean they are corrupted. Run this query for each 'in use' table:

REPAIR TABLE tablename;
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      'In use' can mean they are corrupted. Run this query for each 'in use' table:

REPAIR TABLE tablename;
      Yeah, I've tried... I received nothing except a failed operation message.

Comment

What is the exact and complete error message?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X