Clear IP History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear IP History

Is there any way to clean the ip history of an admin? I have about 1000 ip's showing over the past two years becasue of a dial up connection and am trying to do some house cleaning. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by nhlrat
    Is there any way to clean the ip history of an admin? I have about 1000 ip's showing over the past two years becasue of a dial up connection and am trying to do some house cleaning. Thanks in advance.
    not that im aware of thru the admin panel

but would be interested to know

Comment

Originally posted by fiona
      not that im aware of thru the admin panel

but would be interested to know
      Right, I was think maybe some query that could be run, but wasn't sure either.

Comment

Right, I was think maybe some query that could be run, but wasn't sure either.
        OK, I'm not sure if this will do what you want so you better get someone to check it out first.

I think running these queries will sort all those IPs:-
        UPDATE adminlog SET ipaddress = {your ip address} WHERE userid = {your userid}
        UPDATE post SET ipaddress = {your ip address} WHERE userid = {your userid}
        UPDATE search SET ipaddress = {your ip address} WHERE userid = {your userid}
        UPDATE user SET ipaddress = {your ip address} WHERE userid = {your userid}

The usual rule: Backup your db first!

Comment

In the admin log or in posts...?
          "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
          "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
          Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
            In the admin log or in posts...?
            I guess I meant in the Admin log, but understand that will effect the ip's in the posts i've made as well, which is no big deal I just wasn't sure how do go about it. I haven't tried the suggestion in the post above yet though.

Comment

I guess I meant in the Admin log, but understand that will effect the ip's in the posts i've made as well, which is no big deal I just wasn't sure how do go about it. I haven't tried the suggestion in the post above yet though.
              Can we get a MySQL guru's opinion on these queries, please?
              Thank you.

Originally posted by vBR
              UPDATE adminlog SET ipaddress = {your ip address} WHERE userid = {your userid}
              UPDATE post SET ipaddress = {your ip address} WHERE userid = {your userid}
              UPDATE search SET ipaddress = {your ip address} WHERE userid = {your userid}
              UPDATE user SET ipaddress = {your ip address} WHERE userid = {your userid}

Comment

Those should work, though you must backup your database first.

Comment

Anyone else try this? Here's what I get when trying any of them.

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.9:

Invalid SQL: UPDATE search SET ipaddress = 123.456.789 WHERE userid = myadminaccount

mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '.789 WHERE userid = myadminacount
                  ' at line 1

mysql error number: 1064

Comment

Anyone else try this? Here's what I get when trying any of them.

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.9:

Invalid SQL: UPDATE search SET ipaddress = 123.456.789 WHERE userid = myadminaccount

mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '.789 WHERE userid = myadminacount
                    ' at line 1

mysql error number: 1064
                    Enclose your IP address in single quotes " ' " so MySQL knows it is a string not a table.column.DoesNotExist
                    e.g. 123.456.789 = '123.456.789'

Comment

Originally posted by vBR
                      Enclose your IP address in single quotes " ' " so MySQL knows it is a string not a table.column.DoesNotExist
                      e.g. 123.456.789 = '123.456.789'
                      Thanks for your help, but still get the same error.

Comment

The error would have to be a little different. Post the exact error.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                          The error would have to be a little different. Post the exact error.
                          Your right that one was my typo now. Ran all four queries listed above one by one and all were successful. However, nothing has changed. All of my ip's still show in the admin panel if i look them up, as well as in my posts. Think we are getting close though maybe

Comment

I found another table with an ipaddress column - threadrate.

UPDATE threadrate SET ipaddress = {your ip address} WHERE userid = {your userid}

Comment

Originally posted by vBR
                              I found another table with an ipaddress column - threadrate.

UPDATE threadrate SET ipaddress = {your ip address} WHERE userid = {your userid}
                              Ran that one with success as well, but nothing has changed. I do appreciate your help though

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X