Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem loading images in internet explorer 6.028

I have this problem:

Since my site is online I got several e-mails of visitors saying that images will not load. Some said some of them would not load, others said all would not load. This is occuring with images on all sections of the site; forum, gallery, etc. Sometimes the loading seems to freeze, other times the loading seems to finished in the browser's status bar but the images aren't actually loaded and there is never point in waiting because they won't load at all. It's not a 'slow connection' thing it seems. The images in the forum usually don't load at all (so posting a thread is impossible) but in the gallery it seems as if it are the same thumbs that will not load. I don't get it... My host cannot find a problem but I have also complained about my sites being too slow.

This problem ONLY occurs on sites that have vbulletin/photopost installed by the way.

I didn't have problems myself at first at all, but now after I did a windows update I am experiencing exactly the same thing. I now have version 6.028 of Internet Explorer. I'm not sure which version I had before. I tried clearing the cache, refreshing the page, ctrl+F5, etc.

If I try to visit the page in netscape or opera then everything seems to work fine.

Is this a common bug in this IE version or something? Can it be fixed? Something I can do? Should I 'down'grade? lol

Regards,

Rik.

But of course I could ask myself why the images on this site do load in the same IE browser... Well, it doesn't make anything clear... lol.

Rik.

Comment

This is a bug that happens in Internet Explorer on some installations. I have never experienced it but others have. There is a topic in Chit Chat about it but I am not sure if they ever resolved the issue.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I've got this problem as well, along with a very quick "server not found" message when posting replies (whenever I hit submit in vB).

I'm running the same version of IE...

???

-Wayne

Comment

Any more information on this? My users who use IE6 keep telling me it's a problem when they are using Vb. I see it all the time too...

-Wayne

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X