• Show
Clear All

• vBulletin (cp) Database error!

Greetings,

Suddenly my VB start emailing these errors :

ERROR #1:
    ----------
    Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.0.2:
    Invalid SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) AS users FROM user,usergroup WHERE user.usergroupid=usergroup.usergroupid AND usergroup.cancontrolpanel=1 AND user.userid<>
    mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1
    mysql error number: 1064

ERROR #2:
    ----------
    Database error in vBulletin 2.0.2:
    Invalid SQL: SELECT
    privatemessage.*,
    IF(ISNULL(touser.username),'[Deleted User]',touser.username) AS tousername,
    IF(ISNULL(fromuser.username),'[Deleted User]',fromuser.username) AS fromusername,
    icon.title AS icontitle,icon.iconpath
    FROM privatemessage
    LEFT JOIN icon ON icon.iconid=privatemessage.iconid
    LEFT JOIN user AS touser ON (touser.userid=privatemessage.touserid)
    LEFT JOIN user AS fromuser ON (fromuser.userid=privatemessage.fromuserid)
    WHERE privatemessage.userid='13'
    AND folderid='0'
    AND privatemessage.fromuserid<> AND privatemessage.fromuserid<>37 AND privatemessage.fromuserid<>171
    AND dateline >= 1040263952
    ORDER BY dateline DESC
    mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'AND privatemessage.fromuserid<>37 AND privatemessage.fromuserid<>171
    AND datel' at line 12
    mysql error number: 1064

any clue where is the problem ?

Thanx in advance.

Regards

Tariq AlAli

Seems like variables are not being passed properly. If you are using PHP 4.1.0 or higher, you will need to upgrade to 2.2.9 to fix this issue.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Luke,

Thanx for the reply. But are both errors reflected by the PHP version ??

-Tariq

Comment

The first error is almost certainly because your host upgrade PHP and your version of vB is not compatible with it. It's hard to tell if the second one is related to PHP or not. Regardless you will need to upgrade to fix the first problem, and possibly the second one as well.

Upgrade instructions are here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/upgrade,html
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm running an older version (heavily hacked) version of vbulletin and am getting this new error as well, and I do believe my host just upgraded php.

In the past, I've done a few security upgrades for vB without replacing everything. Could you tell me if there's a minimum upgrade I can do so I can keep my files intact and get the database to run properly again?

Comment

Steve,
            ------
            Well, I believe its the time to do the upgrade, since my version is pretty old. and will have to add the hacks too.

Till next weekend, I'm will be suffering from these errors.

Thanx again,

Chris:
            -----
            I believe it's time to upgrade to 2.2.9 since it's the final version of the old style and with v3 it's gonna be completely different in upgrade method (I think) too.

-Tariq

Comment

Originally posted by chris frolic
              I'm running an older version (heavily hacked) version of vbulletin and am getting this new error as well, and I do believe my host just upgraded php.

In the past, I've done a few security upgrades for vB without replacing everything. Could you tell me if there's a minimum upgrade I can do so I can keep my files intact and get the database to run properly again?
              Since this error is caused by the way newer versions of PHP handle global variables, every single file in the distribution had to be changed in 2.2.6 to accomodate the issues. There is no simple change that would magically fix this error for you.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X