Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't PMing automatically on for each user on my vBulletin board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why isn't PMing automatically on for each user on my vBulletin board?

Hi, I just got a new vB board (bought it 2 days ago).

Anyways, I want to know why PMing isn't automatically enabled on every new user that registers. I have PMing set to "on" in my admin panel, but users have to each manually turn on PMing, which is something I really don't like and am not sure how to fix.

This is really annoying, because a lot of people need instructions on turning PMing on...

Thanks...
    Gregory C.

The private message option should be set to Yes by default on the registration form. Are your registeradult and registercoppa templates customized? If so, try reverting them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
      The private message option should be set to Yes by default on the registration form. Are your registeradult and registercoppa templates customized? If so, try reverting them.
      Huh? Revert them? I looked at my registercoppa and it has PMs on Yes by default, but you still have to manually turn on PMing after you register on my board in order for it to work... Care to elaborate on "try reverting them"? Thanks.
      Gregory C.

Comment

Something to note -- I went into a member's account that I am not able to PM (because he supposedly has it disabled) but his profile info in my admin area says that he has "Receive PMs" set to "Yes".

Argh, I love this message board software but this little thing is frustrating the hell out of me...
        Gregory C.

Comment

What happened when you tried the send this user a PM?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            What happened when you tried the send this user a PM?
            I get this:

fatt_bastardo has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.
            He's a moderator, too...so this is just completely mind boggling. And he didn't select to not receive PMs, I even checked his account from my admin panel, and it says that he should receive PMs (he has that receive PMs radio button checked).
            Gregory C.

Comment

If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP.

If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first before filling out the support request.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP.

If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first before filling out the support request.
                My admin FTP? Huh? And if I give them my personal password info, it's safe, right?

So basically I need to give them my username/password to log into the admin control panel, right? Is that what you meant by admin CP and FTP?

Thanks...
                Gregory C.

Comment

Yes, we'll need the login info to your vB Admin CP and your FTP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Yes, we'll need the login info to your vB Admin CP and your FTP.
                    You mean FTP access to my website?! I trust you guys, but I don't feel comfortable about giving my FTP information to anyone...isn't there someone that can help me with this, just in this thread?

I'd really appreciate that...after all, all the info about my problem is already here. I'm sure you know someone that could potentially solve this problem...?

Thanks...
                    Gregory C.

Comment

If I thought we could help in this thread then I wouldn't have asked you to send in a support ticket. We need to see exactly how your are setup and this includes access to the Admin CP and your vB files. It's up to you.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

If I thought we could help in this thread then I wouldn't have asked you to send in a support ticket. We need to see exactly how your are setup and this includes access to the Admin CP and your vB files. It's up to you.
                        Alright, thanks a lot...I'll write that ticket...I guess I'll just change my password afterwards...again, thanks a lot for your help.
                        Gregory C.

Comment

The user in question was in the 'Users Awaiting Email Confirmation' group and this user group has PMs turned off by default.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The user in question was in the 'Users Awaiting Email Confirmation' group and this user group has PMs turned off by default.
                            Oh, so once he clicks that link in that email confirming that he registers, his PMing will turn on?
                            Gregory C.

Comment

Yes.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X