Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding another Administrator, some questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding another Administrator, some questions.

Hello,

I would like to add two administrators to my site. They are my partners and I can use the help with setting up hacks and changing colors and the such.

I would like to know a couple things before I do this.

Can they kick me off the forum?

Can I loose permission to edit the forum?

Can I disable their Admin status if needed?

I would just like to know how I am covered when I add them to the site.

Could I just backup the site constantly and erase and create an older version of the forum incase something goes wrong using my FTP account?

I just want to know if I will still have some say if something happens in the future. We are doing great now but sometimes the **** hits the fan.

Thanks,

Stanley

Yes, they will be able to do all those things. If you are even asking this question then I strongly suggest you do not promotre anyone to Admin status.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yeah, you're probably better off giving others moderator status instead...
      Gregory C.

Comment

Originally posted by gregc
        Yeah, you're probably better off giving others moderator status instead...
        If you don't trust them 110% you're better off keeping yourself is the only Admin. There is an excellent hack that Hellsatan released at vb.org that you should check out:
        http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=40738

Since discussions regarding hacking should be posted at vb.org, I'll leave it at that
        Webmaster / Administrator
        www.MegaGames.com
        www.MGForums.com

Comment

Ok I just wanted to know where I would stand at the end of the day.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X