• Show
Clear All

• Synthpsi
    replied
    Done, thanks for the help.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Turn your board off. That way only you as the Admin can access it.

Leave a comment:

• Synthpsi
    replied
    Then what steps should I take to make my old VB fit the defenition of a test board? I could just strip all my members of their powers and be the only admin while making the board inactive. will that do?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry, I'm not aware of anything equivalent for Windows.

Leave a comment:

• Synthpsi
    replied
    Do I have to have unix?

I dont have a unix server its windows........

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    .htaccess guide

Leave a comment:

• Synthpsi
    replied
    ???

WHats this htaccess thing? how do I do that?

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by Synthpsi
    I'll be moving my copy of VB to a new web server soon, and I was wondering if I could make my current VB into the "test bulletin" we're allowed to have. I just ask because they are on diffrent web servers, but I already made it inactive and its only accessible to me. If I leave it like that and set up the new board elsewhere is it still acceptable?

Second, I need to backup my database so I can transfer everything to the new board, are there any programs that could make this easier? somebody mentioned somehting called mysqldump or something? Thanks all.
    it would be okay for existing/old forum to become test forum just .htaccess password protect it so only you can access it.

as to moving best to read how from these links

http://vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html

http://www.webmasterbase.com/article/678

Leave a comment:

• Synthpsi
    started a topic Moving to a new web server

Moving to a new web server

I'll be moving my copy of VB to a new web server soon, and I was wondering if I could make my current VB into the "test bulletin" we're allowed to have. I just ask because they are on diffrent web servers, but I already made it inactive and its only accessible to me. If I leave it like that and set up the new board elsewhere is it still acceptable?

Second, I need to backup my database so I can transfer everything to the new board, are there any programs that could make this easier? somebody mentioned somehting called mysqldump or something? Thanks all.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X