image posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• image posting

Now, I've noticed that for Attachments you can opt to have a link shown for the image instead of it being visible inside the thread...

Now I was wonderign if that is possible with the [img] tag?

I was thinking just edit the [img] tag to output a link, instead of the actual image?

Any better Ideas?

That's easy. Just modify the forum and set 'Allow BB IMG Code in posts' to 'No'.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Wow...I cant believe I totally overlooked that LoL...

Thanks for knocking some sense into me Steve

Comment

It's an easy one to overlook.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Err...LoL...Now I don't know if this is just me, but I have is "Allow vB IMG code in signatures, and private messages" but not for posts

Maybe I am still overlooking it?

Comment

You need to modify each forum:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Modify -> [edit] -> Enable/Disable Features -> Allow BB IMG Code in posts -> No

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Image Posting

I've done:
              Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Attachments -> View Images ->Yes

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Modify -> [edit] -> Allow BB IMG Code in post -> Yes

User CP --> Edit Options --> Show image attachments and [img] code in Posts ->Yes

and I still can't get an image to show.
              It works if I enter a URL to an image ( but how can I paste an image file from my harddrive?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Comment

Originally posted by andrewh
                It works if I enter a URL to an image ( but how can I paste an image file from my harddrive?

Thanks for any help you can give!
                You can't. You need to use either the [img] tag or the file attachment function.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sorry, you can't link to local files.
                  Two main reasons.
                  1) Your local files are not accessible over the Internet so others would not be able to see them.
                  2) It prevents malicious exploits such as the con con bug.

Comment

Attaching multiple images

I'm wondering if there is any way to set things up to allow users to attach more than one photo when posting a message.

Comment

Originally posted by vintagerv
                      I'm wondering if there is any way to set things up to allow users to attach more than one photo when posting a message.
                      Option 1: Wait for vB3
                      Option 2: Install a hack from vBulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X