Proxy Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxy Issue?

50% of my users come from behind the proxy at our college.

Recently - I have noticed that when I use different machines around college, sometimes people are automatically logged on (as in not my account, but others from in college.), if they are on the site themselves in another area of college

I presume that this due to the way that cookies are set up here on the college network.

If not please tell me

I also presume that the option in User CP "Browse board with cookies?
    " is a way of helping this.

Is this so?

and if so, is there a way I can set everyone to have this set to "yes" to stop these problems??? and also make it a perminanant feature so it is always set to yes

Thanks in advance

Try this...

To turn off the auto login option for all existing users, run this query on your database:

UPDATE user SET cookieuser=0

Backup first!

In your registeradult template, remove the code in red and add the code in green. This will make it so the auto login option is set to "no" by default for all new registrations.

<tr>
    <td bgcolor="{firstaltcolor}"><normalfont><b>Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies)</b></normalfont></td>
    <td bgcolor="{firstaltcolor}"><normalfont>
    <input type="radio" name="cookieuser" value="yes" checked> yes
    <input type="radio" name="cookieuser" value="no" checked> no
    </normalfont></td>
    </tr>

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X