Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock21
    replied
    Last edited by Glock21; Sun 2 Feb '03, 11:46am.

Leave a comment:

• hankster
    replied
    The increased memory worked? Great! Yes, deleting a lot of members does take a lot of time.

Leave a comment:

• Glock21
    replied
    Thought I thought it was going to crash even my home 2k Pro box due to running so slowly, it worked. Thank you very much.

Leave a comment:

• hankster
    replied
    Sorry, didn't see the second message where you said they were all done in the same day. Can you increase the memory allowed for php or add

php_value memory_limit 16777216

to your htaccess file? If you can that may get you past this one problem.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    They are working on something like that.

Leave a comment:

• Glock21
    replied
    Well, whatever it's name is, it's in existance and widely being used. Perhaps 3.0 should have the option to have a random number displayed when signing up, and force the user to type that number in to prevent this.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I tried a Google search for 'a few different names' but that produced nothing either.

Leave a comment:

• Glock21
    replied
    I know it has a few different names that have been used on us, not sure if that is the definitive one.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by Glock21
    No, I don't know where to get a copy at.
    Too bad. The Devs want a copy of it to study so they can protect against it. I did a Goodle search for 's1te phuk' and found nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Glock21
    replied
    No, I don't know where to get a copy at. If I enable those options, then it shuts the forum down for regular users, which is what they're trying to accomplish and I won't oblige them.

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    Side note: if the script works like I bet it does you can use vB's auto-shutoff features to protect your site:

Load limiting options
    Simultaneous sessions limit
    Set this to the maximum number of simultaneous sessions that you want to be active at any one time. If this number is exceeded, new users are turned away until the server is less busy. Set this to 0 to disable this option.

*NIX Load Limit
    vBulletin can read the overall load of the server on certain *nix setups (including Linux). This allows vBulletin to determine the load on the server and processor, and to turn away further users if the load becomes too high. If you do not want to use this option, set it to 0. A typical level would be 5.00 for a reasonable warning level.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Glock21, do you know where we can get a copy of this script so the Devs can see what it does?

Leave a comment:

• Glock21
    replied
    Please re-read my posts, these all registered on the same day and using the user prune is not possible.

Leave a comment:

• hankster
    replied
    In your CP select the following:

Users
    Move/Prune
    Usergroup > Awating Confirmation
    Has not logged on for x days > 1000

Now see how many come up. If it's too many, increase the days. If not enough, decrease the days. If you can prune, then do it again using 800 days, then again using 600 days... and so forth.

Or if the Has not logged on for x days > 1000 option does not work, use the Registered before date: option.

Leave a comment:

• Glock21
    replied
    If you could pass it around the staff for the correct commands or another way to do it, it would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X