Mass delete users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass delete users

How do I go about mass deleting about 10,000 users awaiting email confirmation? My 1.5 gig box runs out of memory when trying to do a prune. This is due to the vBulletin flaw that apparently isn't being addressed, so I woke up to 16,000 emails, 10,000 users, and an inability to delete them all.

What technical flaw is not being addressed? Do you have a link to this thread?

As for the problem, what error message are you getting? What happens when you choose smaller chunks of accounts to remove?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      What technical flaw is not being addressed? Do you have a link to this thread?

As for the problem, what error message are you getting? What happens when you choose smaller chunks of accounts to remove?
      Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10240 bytes)

The flaw of someone being able to run the "s1te phuk" script that registers thousands and thousands of users. I know personally of 4 sites that have been hit by it. There is no option in the user pruning system for chosing a smaller amount of users.

Comment

Actually you can select or delect users thereby deleting smaller numbers at a time.

Can you point out the thread where this "s1te phuk" problem has been reported? I want to make sure the Developersw are taking this into account.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Actually you can select or delect users thereby deleting smaller numbers at a time.

Can you point out the thread where this "s1te phuk" problem has been reported? I want to make sure the Developersw are taking this into account.
          It's running out of memory trying to bring up the 10,060 users at once, I can't get to the point of deleting them before it uses up a gig and a half of RAM. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ight=s1te+phuk http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ight=s1te+phuk I do also believe I had an email support issue about this.

Comment

Thanks. I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to help you with the memory error. You could delte all the members of the 'Users Awaiting' group with a MySQL query but I'm not sure of a way to do this and update the userfield table at the same time.

I'll bring this "s1te phuk" to the attention of the Devs.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

If you could pass it around the staff for the correct commands or another way to do it, it would be appreciated.

Comment

In your CP select the following:

Users
                Move/Prune
                Usergroup > Awating Confirmation
                Has not logged on for x days > 1000

Now see how many come up. If it's too many, increase the days. If not enough, decrease the days. If you can prune, then do it again using 800 days, then again using 600 days... and so forth.

Or if the Has not logged on for x days > 1000 option does not work, use the Registered before date: option.

Comment

Please re-read my posts, these all registered on the same day and using the user prune is not possible.

Comment

Glock21, do you know where we can get a copy of this script so the Devs can see what it does?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Side note: if the script works like I bet it does you can use vB's auto-shutoff features to protect your site:

Load limiting options
                      Simultaneous sessions limit
                      Set this to the maximum number of simultaneous sessions that you want to be active at any one time. If this number is exceeded, new users are turned away until the server is less busy. Set this to 0 to disable this option.

*NIX Load Limit
                      vBulletin can read the overall load of the server on certain *nix setups (including Linux). This allows vBulletin to determine the load on the server and processor, and to turn away further users if the load becomes too high. If you do not want to use this option, set it to 0. A typical level would be 5.00 for a reasonable warning level.
                      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

No, I don't know where to get a copy at. If I enable those options, then it shuts the forum down for regular users, which is what they're trying to accomplish and I won't oblige them.

Comment

Originally posted by Glock21
                          No, I don't know where to get a copy at.
                          Too bad. The Devs want a copy of it to study so they can protect against it. I did a Goodle search for 's1te phuk' and found nothing.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I know it has a few different names that have been used on us, not sure if that is the definitive one.

Comment

I tried a Google search for 'a few different names' but that produced nothing either.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X