X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mySQL Error 1030

I am getting the following error message:

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.7:
    Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO session (sessionhash,userid,host,useragent,lastactivity,althash,location) VALUES ('8f4af7365f2d0327c30da37ae42cd4be','1','68.11.120.3','Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0;','1044118582','','')
    mysql error: Got error -1 from table handler
    mysql error number: 1030
    Date: Saturday 01st of February 2003 10:56:22 AM
    Script: http://www.homebased2.com/forums/forums/admin/index.php
    Referer:

I have tried phpmyadmin and it doesn't work.

My web host is running a version of mySQL prior to mysqlcheck.

Is there a way I could download the db to my computer, repair it and then restore it?

Or an easier way to fix the problem?

Thanks.

What version of MySQL is running? Can't you use repair.php?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      What version of MySQL is running? Can't you use repair.php?
      My web host, wyenet, is running 3.23.36.

I tried running repair.php but the same error message as in my first post would pop up.

Comment

I don't see any way the running repair.php would produce that exact same error. What is the exact error you get?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

OK. I ran phpmyadmin and did a delete session.

I got the forum back, but now I am getting email errors like:

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.7:
          Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO search (searchid,query,dateline,querystring,showposts,userid,ipaddress) VALUES (NULL,'1=1 AND thread.lastpost>=1044017631 AND thread.open<>10',1044126684,'',0,7,'65.58.238.68')
          mysql error: Duplicate entry '' for key 2
          mysql error number: 1062
          Date: Saturday 01st of February 2003 01:11:24 PM
          Script: http://www.homebased2.com/forums/for...?action=getnew
          Referer: http://www.homebased2.com/forums/index.php?

The error messages may not have been identical when I ran repair.php but they had the same error number 1030.

Thanks.

Comment

Run repair.php again and post the exact error message you get from running this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Run repair.php again and post the exact error message you get from running this.
              I ran repair.php and it ran OK and appears to have stopped the error emails.

Thanks

Comment

Sometimes you need to run repair more than once for it to catch and fix all errors. Glad it's working.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sometimes you need to run repair more than once for it to catch and fix all errors. Glad it's working.
                  I have vBulletin back on line but I have two corrupt tables, user & userfield.

When I try to use phpmyadmin to run the query REPAIR TABLE user; I get the following error message "The handler for the table doesn't support check/repair".

I just got an email from wyenet saying they tried to run the repairs I sent them, which was a copy of the 3 listed on the forum here.

They are running mySQL 3.23.36.

Is there another way to repair the tables?

I have upgraded to 2.2.9 and run repair.php. It didn't help.

Thanks

Comment

You'll need to use one of these options then:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=44909

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

You'll need to use one of these options then:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=44909
                      I tried option 1.

I can't do option 2 because my web host has not upgraded their mySQL.

They say they did option 3 and it didn't work.

Its time for an option 4; or help in explaining how to rebuild without loosing my message base.

If I can't fix the user and userfield tables what can I do to recover?

Thanks

Comment

I was finally able to run the repair query in phpmyadmin. This time I shut the board down and ran the query as:

REPAIR TABLE user;
                        REPAIR TABLE userfield;

It said the queries ran OK but the two tables are still corrupt.

How do I recover from this?

The two tables are currently displaying 30 of the 197 users registered. Can this be used as a start?

Thanks

Comment

My guess is that your host did not really do option #3 otherwise the problem would have been fixed.

We can take a look at this for you but my suspicion is that only your host will be able to fix this database. Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and phpMyAdmin.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                          X