X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errcode: 28 - create/write

When trying to connect to the User CP i recive this error:

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.9:
    Invalid SQL: SELECT * FROM forum,subscribeforum WHERE subscribeforum.forumid=forum.forumid AND userid=3 ORDER BY title
    mysql error: Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql3f9b_2491dc_0.MYI' (Errcode: 28)
    mysql error number: 1
    Date: Tuesday 28th of January 2003 08:13:08 PM
    Script: http://www.bikeforums.net/usercp.php?s=
    Referer:

Help?
    Bike Forums.net

Error code 28: No space left on device

The partition containing the '/tmp' directory does not have enough space avaiable. You'll need to free up some space or contact your host.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Can i just delete everything in the /tmp directory? Do i need anything in there?
      Bike Forums.net

Comment

Is this a dedicated or shared server? Is the /tmp directory the only thing in that partition?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I see i have a "cache" file thats 142 meg in size! I also have some other files "1.html" to "12.htm", each 20 to 60 meg in size! I think the html files are just my logs, that i never use, i can delete thoes right? What about cache? Any problems with me deleting that?
          Bike Forums.net

Comment

It is a shared server, v650 at VO. I have access to the tmp dir via FTP, so i think its just my temp files, not the whole servers.
            Bike Forums.net

Comment

Your 'tmp' directory is not the same as the servers '/tmp' directory. Contact your host.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks Steve.
                Bike Forums.net

Comment

i wouldn't if you're on dedicated as mysql.sock resides there, but for virtual a/cs /tmp or /temp i believe is for analog and webalizer stats if you use whm/cpanel
                  :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                  :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                  :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Thanks, VO has escilated the problem. George, the tmp file that i have access to is just for stats, i deleted 440+ meg of analog stats
                    Bike Forums.net

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X