Modifying Registation Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying Registation Page

Alright, I've consulted some old threads on how to add a few custom fields to the registration, and how to remove a few.

I haven't had sucess with either of these.

Basically, I'd like to insert new required fields at the top, followed by my own optional fields, and then at the end put in some of the default questions about user preferences for the messageboard.

Also, I'd like to have fields using drop-down boxes.

Please, I welcome any help I could get on these custom modifications.

The sooner the better!

Thanks,

Did you ever take a look at:
    Admin CP --> User Profile Fields --> Add

Comment

I tried that

Yes, I did.

I deleted the default 4 fields, and added 2 of my own, and set them as required, However, I'm not seeing them on my registration.

Another question: Should there be a 'registration.html' file in the root directory of my messageboard?

Thanks for the superquick reply by the way!

Originally posted by Cary
      Did you ever take a look at:
      Admin CP --> User Profile Fields --> Add

Comment

Would you mind posting the URL to your board?

Additionally, I don't know where that registration.html file came from. Try viewing it in Internet Explorer. If it's worthless go ahead and delete it. That file doesn't come with vBulletin by default.

Comment

http://www.gospelcity.com/messageboard/

Okay, I believe a former programmer here must have made the registration.html file from the register_adult template code, and used it for testing purposes (or to confuse me).

I hope we can work through some solutions now.

Would you mind posting the URL to your board?

Additionally, I don't know where that registration.html file came from. Try viewing it in Internet Explorer. If it's worthless go ahead and delete it. That file doesn't come with vBulletin by default.

Comment

Cary, are you working today? Did you take a look at our messageboard?

Comment

Sorry... I missed your last reply.

Please send in a support ticket through the Members Area. Please point reference to this thread, as well as the login information to your Admin CP. Thanks!

Comment

I tried the ticket method Cary, but so far I haven't heard anything.

Comment

Hold that thought, Cary, I'm seeing the required fields I put in using the Control Panel appearing now.

I'll be sure to send contact you first for occassional quick questions if they come up.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Geoff03
                  I tried the ticket method Cary, but so far I haven't heard anything.

Comment

I replied to your ticket about 2 1/2 hours after you sent it in.

I'll PM you the URL to your ticket.

Comment

Thank you for your help again Cary.

I know why I didn't see the ticket response.

It was sent to 'our license holder's email' instead of mine.

I don't like the policy of transferring the license holder (ie. contact person).

When I requested the name be changed last month I got this reply:

"In order to transfer a license the request must come from the cuirrent license holder. Please have the onwer contact us to request this transfer to your name. He will need to do it from the email address on file for this license.

All the best,
                      Steve Machol
                      Support Team, vBulletin"

In our case the license holder left the company last May and the email he used to register the license no longer even exists. I would much prefer to having this emailed to me. It would be great if you can help resolve this contact person issue as well.

I should be able to make some progress now on the registration modifications though!

Thanks

I replied to your ticket about 2 1/2 hours after you sent it in.

I'll PM you the URL to your ticket.

Comment

Do you have any contact with the previous owner anymore? Maybe you have his new email address? If so, tell them to send in an email to [email protected] with the information Steve requested.

Comment

You could also have followed up on that ticket explaining this situation. I would have then asked for further documentation that shows the license belongs to you and could have made the transfer. Note that we are very protective of our customers rights and do not transfer licenses without making sure the request is valid.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
                          X