Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email confirmation not working..

Hey,

whenever i turn on email confirmation 95% of the people dont confirm their emails.. So i figured let me test if it works and used hotmail,and other email accounts to register i always get confirmation email.. I emailed this guy on aol and asked if he got the confirmation email he said nope.. I am very confused..
    http://www.tsxclub.com can you guys register and see if you get email confirmation email..
    Thx to who ever helps me out on this i really need to fix this confirmation problems.

Well, this may not be more of a solution than it is a workaround, but many of the people registering for my sites were not getting the confirmation email because of their ISP's spam protection, so I just turned off requiring email activation.

I would ask them to look in their junkmail folders and see if it's in there, and if not, there could be problem with the sendmail function on your server. Have you mentioned the problem to your host to see if they know anything about it?

Comment

Originally posted by fury
      Well, this may not be more of a solution than it is a workaround, but many of the people registering for my sites were not getting the confirmation email because of their ISP's spam protection, so I just turned off requiring email activation.

I would ask them to look in their junkmail folders and see if it's in there, and if not, there could be problem with the sendmail function on your server. Have you mentioned the problem to your host to see if they know anything about it?
      the thing is when i stop email confirmation i get users who use fake emails and spam my site or even try to destroy it. thx for help.

Comment

wierd thing is i just had 2 members register one from @vbulletin.com and it shows awaiting confirmation the other from @yahoo.com and shows confirmed anyone know why?

Comment

I just signed up, haven't received an email yet (my email is usually fast, and the only spam blocker on it is just a tagger that assigns *****SPAM***** tags to each email)

Mine's the one from @xibase.com

Do you happen to have a catch-all email account set up on your domain? Perhaps you can check there and see if the emails are getting bounced back to it.

Comment

i dont see any new members..

Comment

Originally posted by locja
              I emailed this guy on aol and asked if he got the confirmation email he said nope.. I am very confused..
              I have over 700 AOL users on my messageboard and NONE of them can recieve emails from my site.

No notifications, emails from the CP, etc etc

Im assuming that it is because all email sent out says "STUNTLIFE MAILER"
              and AOL sees the Mailer as junk or spam mail.

How do I change MAILER and see if that fixes it?

PLEASE HELP!!!

My forums are located at...
              www.StuntLife.com/forums

Comment

That's a server issue that's beyond the scope of vBulletin to change. You'll need to contact your web host about this.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X